The best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in Las Vegas is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers who sell auto insurance in Nevada. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents and a negative credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for tips to keep prices down and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A crucial key to this process is that you use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Consumers who compare other rates will most likely switch companies because the odds are good of finding a lower rate. A survey found that drivers who shopped around annually saved as much as $865 annually compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance is your ultimate target, then knowing how to quote prices and compare insurance can save time and make the process easier.
Companies offering Mazda CX-5 insurance in Nevada
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Mazda CX-5 insurance in Las Vegas
Companies offering auto insurance do not list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Las Vegas may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Las Vegas car insurance quote.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
The best auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are:
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, and good student.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, defensive driver, and air bags.
- State Farm may include discounts for Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and student away at school.
- Esurance has savings for defensive driver, online shopper, Switch & Save, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford includes discounts for driver training, anti-theft, good student, air bag, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, and bundle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies the best way to save money. Savings may not be available in Las Vegas. If you would like to view companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Las Vegas, click this link.
How Insurance Providers Determine Mazda CX-5 Insurance Premiums
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you cheaper rates.
Compare rates if you bundle your policies – Lots of insurance companies will award lower prices to people who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to compare other Las Vegas CX-5 insurance rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still find better rates by buying from different companies
Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Gender and car insurance – Statistics have proven that females tend to be a little less risky than males. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Men and women have accidents in similar percentages, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
Cheaper rates with high coverage deductibles – Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Mazda. Some examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, damage from fire, and damage caused by flying debris. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
Liability insurance limits on your policy – Liability insurance kicks in when a court rules you are at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Good credit scores equal low costs – An insured’s credit score factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Insureds with high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower credit ratings. If your credit can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Mazda CX-5 if you improve your credit rating.
Mazda CX-5 claim data – Car insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that tend to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher premium rates. The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Mazda CX-5 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or statistically larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Mazda CX-5 4dr 2WD||66||88||85||79||83||76|
|Mazda CX-5 4dr 4WD||71||83||102||79||74||72|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to know if you need help
When buying your policy, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Mazda CX-5?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Many people would rather talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Las Vegas.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to leave your house because prices are sent to you directly. You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
When narrowing the list to find local Las Vegas agents, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agents are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance prices, you will want to compare prices from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Las Vegas that can possibly get you price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are contracted to one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Las Vegas that are able to give rate quotes.
Choosing a insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. Before buying a policy in Las Vegas, get answers to these questions.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
What is the best auto insurance company in Las Vegas?
Selecting the right insurer can be challenging considering how many companies there are in Las Vegas. The ranking data displayed below may help you select which auto insurers to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Compare car insurance rates regularly to save
Lower-priced Mazda CX-5 insurance in Las Vegas can be purchased on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)