It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get low-cost Volvo V60 insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Las Vegas. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a poor credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for instructions to help prevent costly coverage and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Sadly, most consumers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never compared rate quotes at all. Nevada drivers can cut their rates by nearly $550 a year, but they underestimate how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Quoting and comparing the lowest cost insurance coverage in Las Vegas is easy to do. In essence, each driver who is looking for cheaper insurance will more than likely find a lower price. But Nevada drivers need to learn how companies calculate your insurance rates because it can help you find the best coverage.
How to get free Volvo V60 insurance quotes online
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from all the different companies. The fastest way to find cheaper Volvo V60 rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it a waste of time to drive to each insurance agency near you. Comparing Volvo V60 insurance rate quotes online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional guidance of a licensed agent. It is possible to comparison shop online and have a local agent actually service the policy. When comparison shopping, comparing all the rates in your area provides better odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The following companies can provide free quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Las Vegas, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Las Vegas, paying for car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection in order to be legal. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Volvo at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Volvo and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Volvo as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver is wasting up to $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
These ten discounts can cut Volvo V60 insurance rates
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your next insurance statement.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with a few insurance companies.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies may permit one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- No Accidents – Las Vegas drivers who stay claim-free get the best insurance rates in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Good Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Large insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, air bags, federal employee, seat belt use, and driver training.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for claim-free, good student, good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, multiple autos, driver’s education, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for age of vehicle, multi-car, multi-policy, ease of repair, type of vehicle, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including early bird, air bags, homeowners, student driver, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- Allstate may include discounts for resident student, passive restraint, economy car, safe driver, and farm vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company how many discounts you can get. Some credits may not apply to policies in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer insurance discounts in Nevada, click here to view.
When to contact an insurance agency
Many people still like to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from small agencies is still important in Las Vegas.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Las Vegas who will give you quotes for your business. You never need to search for an agent because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You’ll get the best rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agents are considered either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When shopping rates, you should always get quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below are independent agencies in Las Vegas that may be able to provide free price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Las Vegas willing to provide rate quotes.
Juan Diaz – State Farm Insurance Agent
1718 S Eastern Ave – Las Vegas, NV 89104 – (702) 489-4242 – View Map
Choosing a auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Volvo V60.
Since many Nevada drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 15/30/10 which means $15,000 bodily injury coverage, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, court costs, bail bonds, funeral expenses and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford. Nevada requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying minimum limits may not be adequate.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses such as funeral costs, pain medications, EMT expenses and chiropractic care. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Collision insurance pays for damage to your V60 resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your V60 to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from getting keyed, fire damage and falling objects. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Smart shoppers get results
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to find cheaper Volvo V60 insurance in Las Vegas. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
When getting Las Vegas car insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60 in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)