Sick and tired of sacrificing each month for auto insurance? Your situation is no different than most other consumers in Nevada.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Insureds who shop around for better prices are very likely to buy a new policy because there is a good probability of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent study showed that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved approximately $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest price for Volkswagen Routan insurance is the reason for your visit, learning how to choose a company and compare auto insurance can help simplify the process.
How to buy affordable Volkswagen Routan insurance in Las Vegas
It takes a little time, but the best way to find affordable auto insurance rates in Las Vegas is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Nevada.
- First, gain an understanding of how car insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like traffic violations and a not-so-good credit history can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies. View insurance agents
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new agent or company. Be sure to place your new proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance increase brand awareness with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you have coverage now or are just looking to switch companies, use these tips to get lower rates and still get good coverage. Finding affordable insurance coverage in Las Vegas is much easier if you know where to start. Vehicle owners just have to know the best way to get comparison quotes on the web.
Components of Your Volkswagen Routan Insurance Prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other factors are less obvious like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
Drive less and get lower rates – The higher the miles on your Volkswagen every year the more you will pay for car insurance. Almost all companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting cost less to insure as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your policy shows the right rating data. A policy that improperly rates your Routan may be wasting your money.
What are your physical damage deductibles? – Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Volkswagen from damage. A few examples of covered claims are a broken windshield, flood damage, and rolling your vehicle. Your deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The larger the amount the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Vehicle risk impacts prices – The performance of the car or truck you drive makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. Small economy passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The data below assumes a married female driver age 50, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Volkswagen Routan car insurance rates compared to other models that have different performance rating factors.
Low credit rating equals high premiums – Credit rating will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit rating can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Volkswagen Routan by improving your credit score. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with bad credit.
Younger drivers pay more – More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Beginning drivers tend to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
The following data uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Men are more aggressive – Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. They both get in auto accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also have more aggressive citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
The information below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Routan insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cheaper car insurance rates using alarms and GPS tracking – Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Theft prevention features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent auto theft.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Volkswagen Routan insurance in Las Vegas is to know the fact car insurance companies provide online access to give you rate quotes. All you need to do is give them rating details including driver ages, how your vehicles are used, an estimate of your credit level, and if you have an active license. Your details gets transmitted to multiple auto insurance providers and they return cost estimate instantly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and complete the form.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Nevada. To find the best auto insurance in Las Vegas, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Rates and detailed analysis
The data table displayed next showcases estimates of insurance coverage prices for Volkswagen Routan models. Having a better idea how insurance rates are formulated helps drivers make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Routan S 2WD||$134||$190||$270||$16||$80||$690||$58|
|Routan SE 2WD||$152||$232||$270||$16||$80||$750||$63|
|Routan SEL 2WD||$152||$274||$270||$16||$80||$792||$66|
|Routan SEL Premium 6 Cyl 2WD||$168||$274||$270||$16||$80||$808||$67|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in specific Las Vegas garaging location which can lower or raise coverage rates considerably.
Should you buy full coverage?
The information below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Routan car insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule to stop buying physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volkswagen Routan replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $400 annually for full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Why insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volkswagen Routan has a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Volkswagen for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so it’s important to compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Volkswagen Routan insurance in Las Vegas
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but a few must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a slight reduction on a Las Vegas car insurance quote.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Las Vegas and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your car insurance provider.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable their insurance company to analyze driving patterns by installing a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home can help you save on car insurance because it requires personal responsibility.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
The example below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Routan insurance costs with and without discounts. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- 21st Century has savings for driver training, 55 and older, homeowners, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, early bird, and air bags.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm includes discounts for defensive driving training, anti-theft, safe vehicle, multiple policy, driver’s education, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for easy pay, family plan, defensive driving, good student, business or organization, accident-free, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, anti-theft, Switch & Save, DriveSense, good driver, good student, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford may include discounts for air bag, driver training, good student, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. For a list of companies that offer many of these discounts in Nevada, click here.
Buying auto insurance from Las Vegas auto insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Selecting an company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Any good agent in Las Vegas should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Where are claims handled?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Nevada?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
Types of auto insurance agents in Las Vegas
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures to choose from. Las Vegas agents may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can provide auto insurance policies, but we need to point out why they differ since it may influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are well trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Las Vegas who can help you get comparison quotes.
Tim Powers – State Farm Insurance Agent
2920 S Rainbow Blvd #100 – Las Vegas, NV 89146 – (702) 871-8338 – View Map
Juan Diaz – State Farm Insurance Agent
1718 S Eastern Ave – Las Vegas, NV 89104 – (702) 489-4242 – View Map
Marivic Macabasco – State Farm Insurance Agent
1096 E Sahara Ave #207 – Las Vegas, NV 89104 – (702) 892-9908 – View Map
Agents that elect to be independent are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need lower rates, you should always contact several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below are independent agencies in Las Vegas that can give you comparison quotes.
3085 S Jones Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89146 – (702) 477-7776 – View Map
6070 S Eastern Ave #400 – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 456-1400 – View Map
Leavitt Group – Leavitt Insurance Agency
7881 W Charleston Blvd #140 – Las Vegas, NV 89117 – (702) 382-4010 – View Map
Las Vegas car insurance companies ranked
Choosing a good quality auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Las Vegas. The rank data listed below could help you decide which companies you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Don’t give up on cheap rates
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where someone dropped full coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
We covered a lot of tips how to find affordable Volkswagen Routan insurance in Las Vegas. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Steps to buying affordable Volkswagen Routan insurance in Las Vegas
The best way we recommend to quote cheaper auto insurance rates in Las Vegas is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers who can sell car insurance in Nevada.
- Get a basic knowledge of how car insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like multiple speeding tickets and a poor credit score can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources. Compare rates now
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Routan coverage is available. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new insurance company. Be sure to safely store the proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A crucial key to this process is to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Las Vegas Auto Insurance Quotes for a Kia Optima? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)