A recent study showed that a large majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. With the average car insurance premium being $1,600, Nevada drivers could save almost 35% a year just by shopping around, but they just don’t want to compare rates and save money.
The best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Las Vegas is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Nevada. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives more details to lower rates and find missing discounts.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources. View prices
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on every quote and and to look at all possible companies. This ensures a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
If you are insured now or want to find a cheaper company, you can follow these tips to get lower rates without sacrificing coverage. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Las Vegas can be made easier if you know where to look. Vehicle owners just have to use the quickest method to compare prices online from multiple companies.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Nevada. To locate cheap auto insurance in Las Vegas, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volkswagen in Las Vegas, car insurance is required in Nevada but also provides important benefits.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Volkswagen Jetta, almost every bank will require that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Volkswagen at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
Third, car insurance preserves not only your Volkswagen Jetta but also your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Nevada is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance coverage details
The coverage information shown below covers a range of coverage costs for Volkswagen Jetta models. Being able to understand how insurance rates are established is important to be able to make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$126||$260||$348||$20||$104||$858||$72|
|Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$126||$260||$296||$18||$88||$788||$66|
|Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$126||$260||$348||$20||$104||$858||$72|
|Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$142||$306||$348||$20||$104||$920||$77|
|Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$142||$306||$296||$18||$88||$850||$71|
|Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$142||$306||$348||$20||$104||$920||$77|
|Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$142||$306||$348||$20||$104||$920||$77|
|Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$142||$306||$296||$18||$88||$850||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in specific location which can change premium rates noticeably.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Volkswagen Jetta insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Discounts can help to save on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Las Vegas
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every discount very well, so the below list has both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies and place coverage with the same company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable their insurance company to scrutinize driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Jetta insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The prices are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that may have most of these discounts include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
When quoting, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not be offered everywhere. To choose insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Las Vegas, click this link.
What if I want to buy from local Las Vegas insurance agents?
A lot of people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Most agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is you can get cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Las Vegas.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in Las Vegas who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you’re trying to find local Las Vegas agents, there are two types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Las Vegas agents can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both provide car insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When comparing car insurance prices, you will definitely want to get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Las Vegas that may be able to give you price quotes.
Insurance Group of Nevada
US Bank Financial Center, 2300 West Sahara Avenue, Suite 800 – Las Vegas, NV 89102 – (702) 996-6434 – View Map
Invest America Insurance LLC
6190 W Charleston Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89146 – (702) 685-3888 – View Map
2511 Stewart Ave – Las Vegas, NV 89101 – (702) 721-7575 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. They are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are Las Vegas exclusive agents willing to provide rate quotes.
GEICO Insurance Agent
3315 W Craig Rd #110 – North Las Vegas, NV 89032 – (702) 643-0057 – View Map
Farmers Insurance: Kenny Redelsperger
4045 Spencer St #114 – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 735-0926 – View Map
Tom Ferrier – State Farm Insurance Agent
7528 Westcliff Dr – Las Vegas, NV 89145 – (702) 255-7770 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
How do I know if I need professional advice?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there is no single plan that fits everyone. You are unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Las Vegas?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
One last note
Discount Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Las Vegas is attainable from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Las Vegas auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not provide online rate quotes and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to get a better price on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Las Vegas. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Las Vegas auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions or delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
Additional information can be read at these links:
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Car Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)