The best way we recommend to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates in Las Vegas is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Nevada. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like traffic citations and a bad credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new carrier. Don’t forget to place the new certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that over 70% of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Most drivers in Las Vegas could save themselves roughly $545 a year, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they bought a different policy.
Smart Consumers Know How to Find Auto Insurance Cheaper
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that go into determining your premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you big savings. Multiple criteria are used when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other factors are not as apparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
The following are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine premiums.
Your vocation is a factor – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations such as military personnel, business owners, and dentists tend to have higher rates than average attributed to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, occupations like professors, students and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
Careless driving means higher prices – Your driving citation history influences premium rates substantially. Having just one citation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking violations like reckless driving or DUI may find they need to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Do you need those add-on coverages? – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles you can purchase when buying auto insurance. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, accidental death, and membership fees may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Excellent credit means lower prices – Having a bad credit rating can be an important factor in calculating your premium rate. Therefore, if your credit is low, you may save money insuring your Volkswagen e-Golf if you clean up your credit. People that have very high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with lower ratings.
More traffic means higher claims – Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country is a good thing when talking about auto insurance. People who live in big cities tend to have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
Marriage is a bonus – Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums on your policy. Marriage usually means you are less irresponsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Las Vegas, NV. To locate cheaper car insurance in NV, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required by state law in Nevada and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a lienholder, almost every bank will require that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Volkswagen at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects not only your Volkswagen but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Volkswagen e-Golf insurance discounts in Las Vegas
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise all discounts very well, so the following list contains some of the best known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow their company to monitor driving patterns by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a course teaching driver safety skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- E-sign – A handful of companies will provide an incentive for completing your application on your computer.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
Car insurance companies that may offer policyholders many of the previously listed discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state.
Buying insurance from Las Vegas car insurance agents
Many drivers would rather talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and also buy local. And supporting local insurance agencies is important especially in Las Vegas.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to companies in Las Vegas who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
If you need to find a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Las Vegas can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the difference between them since it may influence which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When searching for an agent, you need to get several quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which can be an advantage.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agencies in Las Vegas who can help you get free rate quotes.
- AMS Insurance
9960 W Cheyenne Ave #240 – Las Vegas, NV 89129 – (702) 965-3680 – View Map
- Las Vegas Auto Insurance
1953 N Decatur Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89108 – (702) 570-5777 – View Map
- Bleecher Insurance
3085 S Jones Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89146 – (702) 477-7776 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand instead of buying on price only.
The following are exclusive agencies in Las Vegas that can give you price quotes.
- State Farm: Bree Buckles
1000 S Rampart Blvd #14 – Las Vegas, NV 89145 – (702) 869-6600 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance: Nancy Kim
2213 Paradise Rd – Las Vegas, NV 89104 – (702) 685-4888 – View Map
- Tod Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
7450 W Cheyenne Ave #105 – Las Vegas, NV 89129 – (702) 367-4900 – View Map
Selecting a auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. Any good agent in Las Vegas should know the answers to these questions.
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Which family members are covered?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Las Vegas?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Who are their largest clients?
More comparisons equals cheap rates
We just presented many tips how you can find lower-cost Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Las Vegas. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
People leave their current company for many reasons like policy cancellation, policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions or even delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Additional information can be read at the links below
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)