To save the most money, the best way to find more affordable Toyota Prius Prime insurance is to compare prices once a year from different companies in Las Vegas. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, get an understanding of coverages and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many rating factors that increase rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a poor credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for ideas to prevent expensive rate increases and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the newly selected company. As soon as coverage is bound, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Shocking but true, nearly 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. Many consumers in America could cut their rates by $859 a year just by comparing rates, but they think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes online.
Toyota Prius Prime Insurance Rate Factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find better car insurance rates. Lots of things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are just a few of the factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
Poor credit history equals high premiums – Having a bad credit score can be a huge factor in determining what you pay. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than those with poor credit. If your credit history leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Toyota Prius Prime by repairing your credit.
Being married is a good thing – Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums when shopping for car insurance. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Rate your vehicle for proper use – Driving more miles in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. Incorrect rating for your Prius Prime is throwing money out the window. Double check that your car insurance policy states the right rating data.
Females pay lower costs – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn’t mean males are worse at driving than females. Both genders get in auto accidents at about the same rate, but guys cause more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
Cheaper rates with high physical damage deductibles – Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Toyota. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a windshield shattered by a rock, collision with an animal, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more of the claim you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Just remember that getting more free quotes helps you find a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide price estimates online, so it’s recommended that you also compare price quotes from them as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Nevada. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in NV, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, paying for auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Prius Prime has a loan, most lenders will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Toyota at a much higher rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Toyota as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Las Vegas is wasting up to $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance quotes and discounts
Companies don’t list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on insurance. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure multiple cars with the same insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can get you a discount since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow their insurance company to track when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of companies will give a small break shop Las Vegas auto insurance on your computer.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Large insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- AAA offers discounts for pay-in-full, good student, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and good driver.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Drive Safe & Save, good student, anti-theft, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, homeowner, online quote, anti-lock brakes, and Pac-12 alumni.
- Nationwide includes discounts for easy pay, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, accident-free, good student, and defensive driving.
When quoting, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in every state. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer online Toyota Prius Prime insurance quotes in Las Vegas, click this link.
Buying from car insurance agents
Many drivers still like to visit with an insurance agent. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower rates and also buy local.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best provider needs to be determined by more than just the price. Any good agent in Las Vegas should know the answers to these questions.
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
If you would like to find a local agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Las Vegas are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They receive extensive training on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Las Vegas willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Franco Vitiello – State Farm Insurance Agent
3370 S Hualapai Way #140 – Las Vegas, NV 89117 – (702) 648-6642 – View Map
- State Farm: Bree Buckles
1000 S Rampart Blvd #14 – Las Vegas, NV 89145 – (702) 869-6600 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Yukin Kwan
4001 S Decatur Blvd Ste 4 – Las Vegas, NV 89103 – (702) 530-8822 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, you need to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Las Vegas who can help you get price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Sage Insurance Services Inc Agency
1081 S Cimarron Rd, Ste B56 – Las Vegas, NV 89145 – (702) 613-0000 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: The Delbrocco Agency
5150 Spring Mountain, Unit 11 – Las Vegas, NV 89146 – (702) 730-0009 – View Map
- Superior Insurance
2511 Stewart Ave – Las Vegas, NV 89101 – (702) 721-7575 – View Map
Once you have received satisfactory answers to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that will insure your vehicles. Keep in mind consumers can cancel a policy whenever you want so don’t feel you are locked into your new company with no way to switch.
Quote often and quote early
Cheap Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Las Vegas is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents in Las Vegas, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional carriers work with independent insurance agencies.
You just learned some good ideas how you can compare Toyota Prius Prime insurance premium rates in Las Vegas. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Las Vegas auto insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent, high prices or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Car Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)