Are you sick and tired of scraping the payment together to pay high auto insurance rates every month? You are in the same boat as many other Nevada drivers.
Amazingly, nearly 70% of customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Las Vegas insurance shoppers could save up to $545 each year by just comparing quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes.
Steps to finding lower priced Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Las Vegas
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get affordable Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Las Vegas is to start comparing prices regularly from providers who sell insurance in Nevada.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new policy. Don’t forget to place your new certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
The key thing to remember is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get prices from every insurance company. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Big-name insurance companies like State Farm and GEICO all claim big savings with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to see past the corporate glitz and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s a great practice to price shop coverage before your policy renews because prices trend upward over time. Just because you found the lowest rate on Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Las Vegas at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you the easiest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Most companies provide prices for coverage from their websites. Getting Suzuki XL-7 insurance prices online is pretty easy as you just type in your personal and coverage information on the page. After you submit the form their quoting system automatically retrieves your driving and credit reports and generates a price based on the data you entered. The ability to get online quotes for Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Las Vegas makes comparing rates easy, and it’s absolutely necessary to do this in order to find a better rate.
In order to compare rates using this form now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will get comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Nevada. If you want cheaper car insurance in Las Vegas, NV, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Las Vegas car insurance discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for before they will apply. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow their company to study vehicle usage by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Las Vegas car insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for several vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current XL-7 insurance policy expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Las Vegas car insurance online.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- E-sign – Many larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing online.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Popular car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- Travelers may offer discounts for continuous insurance, home ownership, student away at school, early quote, driver training, IntelliDrive, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century may include discounts for air bags, 55 and older, driver training, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, and student driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, multiple autos, passive restraint, student away at school, and good driver.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, federal employee, and driver training.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, teen safe driver, anti-theft, bundle discounts, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA may have discounts that include education and occupation, multi-policy, good student, multi-car, and anti-theft.
Double check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Las Vegas. To see a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in Nevada, click here.
Why you need car insurance
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Las Vegas, car insurance is required in Nevada but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your XL-7 with a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Suzuki at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $830 a year so you should quote rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Some consumers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is there a local claims center in Las Vegas?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
Insurance agent types
If you want a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures that you can select. Agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Las Vegas who may provide you with rate quotes.
These type of agents are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you will want to get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Las Vegas willing to provide comparison quotes.