It’s a known fact that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who do rate comparisons will most likely move their business because there is a great chance of finding a policy with better rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved about $3,400 over four years compared to people who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price for auto insurance in Las Vegas is your objective, learning how to get price quotes and compare insurance rates can save money and time.
The best way we recommend to find more affordable Subaru WRX insurance in Las Vegas is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers in Nevada. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as speeding and a bad credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. View companies
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
The best way we recommend to compare rates for Subaru WRX insurance in Las Vegas is to understand most insurance companies will pay a fee to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is provide details including the make and model of your vehicles, how old drivers are, your education level, and whether you drive to work or school. Your information is then submitted to multiple top-rated companies and you get price estimates within a short period of time.
To compare rates for your car now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Las Vegas, NV. To locate cheap car insurance in Las Vegas, NV, we suggest you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high cost, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will require you to buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Subaru at a more expensive rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your Subaru and your personal assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Subaru as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Slash rates with these discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that you may not even know about. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and Progressive may permit one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Life Insurance – Select car insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Las Vegas car insurance quote.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a small discount on rates.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some car insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy early. This can save 10% or more.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Subaru may allow you to get cheaper car insurance rates.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
If you would like to see a list of companies who offer cheap Subaru WRX insurance quotes in Las Vegas in Nevada, click here to view.
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- How high should deductibles be on a Subaru WRX?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Does my Subaru WRX qualify for pleasure use?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
What is the best auto insurance company in Nevada?
Choosing the top insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many choices you have in Las Vegas. The company information in the lists below can help you select which coverage providers you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- The Hartford – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance