How long has it been since the last time you looked for lower-priced Lexus IS 200t insurance in Las Vegas? Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy high-priced Lexus IS 200t insurance in Las Vegas? You’re preaching to the choir because many Las Vegas consumers feel financially strained by their auto insurance policy.
Regrettably, the vast majority of auto insurance customers in Nevada kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and almost half have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could save themselves as much as $859 a year, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rates.
Big companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive promote their brand names with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to ignore the propaganda and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s important to compare prices once or twice a year because prices are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest quotes on Lexus IS 200t insurance in Las Vegas at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to find out how to quote online to buy cheaper Lexus IS 200t insurance in Las Vegas.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Lexus IS 200t insurance in Las Vegas is to understand auto insurance companies participate in online systems to quote your coverage. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide information such as the make and model of your vehicles, driver details, daily mileage, and your education level. That information is instantly sent to multiple top-rated companies and they provide comparison quotes immediately.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your car now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Las Vegas.
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Nevada. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Even though Las Vegas IS 200t insurance rates can get expensive, buying auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Lexus with a loan, most lenders will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Lexus for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $850 per year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to save money.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Auto insurance is expensive, but there could be available discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain credits will be shown when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for before they will apply.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow their company to look at vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% with some auto insurance companies.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Lexus could qualify for discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies provide a discount for switching companies prior to your current IS 200t insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Las Vegas Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home can get you a discount because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Sign Online – Some companies give back up to $50 shop Las Vegas car insurance on their website.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Insurance companies who might offer these money-saving discounts are:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company the best way to save money. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer cheap Lexus IS 200t insurance quotes in Las Vegas, click here to view.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Some people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local agencies is important especially in Las Vegas.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to companies in Las Vegas who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. It’s the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Las Vegas can either be exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Las Vegas that can possibly get you comparison quotes.
Harrison Insurance Agency
724 S 9th St – Las Vegas, NV 89101 – (702) 648-1634 – View Map
Insurance Specialists – Auto and Home Agency
5025 S Eastern Ave #20 – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 307-3398 – View Map
3481 E Sunset Rd #100 – Las Vegas, NV 89120 – (702) 220-8640 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Las Vegas that are able to give price quotes.
Luria Walker – State Farm Insurance Agent
3124 N Rainbow Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89108 – (702) 645-3300 – View Map
Allstate Insurance: Yukin Kwan
4001 S Decatur Blvd Ste 4 – Las Vegas, NV 89103 – (702) 530-8822 – View Map
Mario Giannini – State Farm Insurance Agent
9484 W Lake Mead Blvd #7 – Las Vegas, NV 89134 – (702) 982-3300 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Las Vegas?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Las Vegas?
- How many years have they been established?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your auto insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- How high should deductibles be on a Lexus IS 200t?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Should I buy only the required Nevada minimum liability coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Las Vegas auto insurance companies ranked
Finding the highest-rated auto insurance provider is hard considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Las Vegas. The company rank data in the lists below could help you pick which coverage providers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Lower rates by being persistent
Budget-conscious Lexus IS 200t insurance can be sourced both online and from local agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Lexus IS 200t insurance in Las Vegas
Really, the only way to get the cheapest Lexus IS 200t insurance in Las Vegas is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies in Nevada.
First, get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Compare rates
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Be sure to place the new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
More detailed insurance information is available in these articles:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Las Vegas Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Las Vegas Auto Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)