Everyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who compare price quotes are inclined to switch insurance companies because there is a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent study showed that drivers who regularly compared rates saved about $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding low prices for Ford Escape insurance in Las Vegas is why you’re here, then having a good understanding how to get rate quotes and compare coverages can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
The most effective way to find better pricing on Ford Escape insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers who sell insurance in Las Vegas.
First, get a basic knowledge of auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit score can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on Escape insurance in Las Vegas. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to compare as many companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Las Vegas insurance discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may find discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you don’t get every credit possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Las Vegas Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on insurance because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies offer discounts for signing up before your current Escape insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new Escape can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking time to complete a defensive driving course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with the same company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The example below illustrates the difference between Ford Escape auto insurance rates with and without discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- 21st Century has savings for good student, defensive driver, theft prevention, driver training, and automatic seat belts.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, accident-free, multiple autos, driver’s education, and good student.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for anti-theft, defensive driving, multi-policy, business or organization, and family plan.
- Esurance may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, homeowner, paid-in-full, good student, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford discounts include air bag, bundle, good student, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, anti-theft, and driver training.
When getting free Las Vegas auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not be available in Las Vegas. To locate insurers who offer cheap Ford Escape insurance quotes in Nevada, click this link.
Ford Escape insurance coverage information
The rate information displayed next showcases estimates of policy rates for Ford Escape models. Having insight into how rate quotes are calculated is important for you to make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$210||$362||$270||$16||$80||$938||$78|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$210||$362||$270||$16||$80||$938||$78|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$210||$362||$270||$16||$80||$938||$78|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$242||$362||$270||$16||$80||$970||$81|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$242||$362||$270||$16||$80||$970||$81|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$242||$440||$270||$16||$80||$1,048||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in garaging location in Las Vegas which can change premiums greatly.
The information below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Ford Escape annual premium costs for each different age category. The costs are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Comparison of insurance rates by gender and age
The example below shows the comparison of Ford Escape auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Ford Escape liability rates compared to full coverage
The diagram below compares Ford Escape car insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The premiums assume no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no set rule to delete full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Ford Escape replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $2,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Four Things That Influence Your Insurance Rates
Many things are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but some are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
- Vocation stress can make you pay more – Occupational choices like real estate brokers, executives, and stock brokers are shown to have the highest average rates because of high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. Other careers such as scientists, historians and homemakers pay the least.
- Bundle policies to earn discounts – Most insurance companies allow discounts to people that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be as much as ten percent or more If you currently are using one company, you may still want to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal. You may still find a better deal by buying from different companies
Older drivers pay less – More mature drivers are more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and get fewer tickets. Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
The next chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Annual miles is a factor – The higher the mileage driven in a year the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. Incorrect rating for your Escape can result in significantly higher rates. Make sure your insurance declarations sheet correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
Ford Escape claim data – Insurance companies use historical loss data to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that tend to have higher losses will have increased rates. The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Ford Escape vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is set at 100. Numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 point to more losses or larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Ford Escape Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Escape 4dr 2WD 80 91 83 94 94 92 Ford Escape 4dr 4WD 81 84 94 85 90 77BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agent or online?
Many drivers would rather talk to a local agent and that is OK! Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Las Vegas who will give you bids for your business. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting a provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. A good agent in Las Vegas will have answers to these questions.
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Las Vegas?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
If you want to buy car insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Agents are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can do a good job, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are well trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Las Vegas willing to provide price quote information.
Farmers Insurance: Kenny Redelsperger
4045 Spencer St #114 – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 735-0926 – View Map
Franco Vitiello – State Farm Insurance Agent
3370 S Hualapai Way #140 – Las Vegas, NV 89117 – (702) 648-6642 – View Map
State Farm: Gregory A Moore
4312 W Charleston Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89102 – (702) 870-9298 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many different car insurance companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, you need to get insurance quotes from independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
The following are Las Vegas independent agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
3085 S Jones Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89146 – (702) 477-7776 – View Map
3481 E Sunset Rd #100 – Las Vegas, NV 89120 – (702) 220-8640 – View Map
A Dependable Insurance Agency
7150 N Durango Dr #130 – Las Vegas, NV 89149 – (702) 880-9000 – View Map
Once you have received satisfactory answers as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles.
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
We covered many ideas to lower your Ford Escape insurance car insurance rates in Las Vegas. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cost effective Ford Escape insurance is available both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not provide rates over the internet and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Pilot in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Las Vegas Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)