The recommended way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from providers in Las Vegas.
- Take a little time to learn about how companies set rates and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as multiple speeding tickets and poor credit can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Century coverage is available in Las Vegas. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An important note is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on each price quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
It’s hard to fathom, but nearly 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Drivers in Nevada could save an average of $545 each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t believe the actual amount they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Don’t overlook these Buick Century insurance discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger insurance carriers have a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with one company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Buick Century insurance in Las Vegas.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 for completing your application on your computer.
- Government Employee Discount – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Las Vegas auto insurance with some insurance companies.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
Don’t be shocked that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Companies that may offer quotes with most of these discounts include:
Check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in Las Vegas. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with the best Buick Century insurance discounts in Las Vegas, click here.
How to compare free Las Vegas Buick Century insurance rate quotes
It’s important to know that comparing a wide range of rates will increase your chances of finding the best rates.
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Nevada. To locate the best car insurance in NV, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in Las Vegas
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get better auto insurance rates. Many different elements are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, although others are less apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
- Five star IIHS safety rating saves money – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you. If your Buick Century has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Annual mileage and car insurance prices – The higher the miles on your Buick in a year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. It’s always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating correctly shows annual mileage. Incorrect rating for your Century can cost quite a bit.
- Lower performance equals lower insurance rates – The make and model of the car you own makes a huge difference in your rates. Smaller low performance passenger models normally have pretty low rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Do you know you’re credit score? – Your credit score factor in determining your rates. So if your credit could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Buick Century by taking the time to improve your credit score. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower ratings.
- Small frequent policy claims are not good – Auto insurance companies in Nevada award discounts to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
Local Las Vegas insurance agencies
Some people would rather sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper prices and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Las Vegas.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Las Vegas who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You’ll get the best rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you want to buy car insurance from a local insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents in Las Vegas can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you. When comparing car insurance prices, you will want to include several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a partial list of independent agencies in Las Vegas that may be able to give you price quotes.
Estrella Insurance Services
3700 E Charleston Blvd #130 – Las Vegas, NV 89104 – (702) 382-1177 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Sage Insurance Services Inc Agency
1081 S Cimarron Rd, Ste B56 – Las Vegas, NV 89145 – (702) 613-0000 – View Map
A Dependable Insurance Agency
7150 N Durango Dr #130 – Las Vegas, NV 89149 – (702) 880-9000 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. They receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Las Vegas who can help you get comparison quotes.
State Farm: Eric James
1350 E Flamingo Rd #14 – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 836-0953 – View Map
Allstate Insurance: Yukin Kwan
4001 S Decatur Blvd Ste 4 – Las Vegas, NV 89103 – (702) 530-8822 – View Map
Tod Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
7450 W Cheyenne Ave #105 – Las Vegas, NV 89129 – (702) 367-4900 – View Map
Picking an insurance agency should include more criteria than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
After talking to the agent and getting acceptable answers to any questions you have and a good coverage price, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that is reputable and can provide car insurance coverage.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high cost, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Century has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Buick for a lot more money and make you pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Las Vegas overpays as much as $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Nevada car insurance companies
Ending up with a high-quality auto insurance provider is hard considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Nevada. The company information in the next section can help you choose which insurers to look at buying from.
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
One last note
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can shop for Buick Century insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Las Vegas auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest auto insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Even more information can be read at these sites:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)