The most effective way to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates in Las Vegas is to compare quotes annually from providers who sell auto insurance in Nevada. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and an unacceptable credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View prices
- Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Once received, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to analyze every company you can. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Insureds who compare rates annually will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because they have a good chance of finding better rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who regularly compared rates saved about $865 a year as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest price on auto insurance is your goal, learning how to quote prices and compare insurance premiums can save time and money.
Just keep in mind that comparing more quotes will improve the odds of getting a better price. Some regional insurers cannot provide online Las Vegas Altima insurance quotes, so it’s important to also get price estimates from those companies as well.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Las Vegas, NV, it’s highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Get cheaper Nissan Altima insurance in Las Vegas with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Las Vegas auto insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Paperwork-free – A few insurance companies provide a small discount for completing your application over the internet.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Altima insurance in Las Vegas.
- Las Vegas Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on Altima insurance in Las Vegas.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Nissan Altima auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The price estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may include discounts for safe vehicle, defensive driving training, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good driver.
- GEICO offers discounts for emergency military deployment, air bags, seat belt use, military active duty, five-year accident-free, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including resident student, anti-lock brakes, farm vehicle, anti-theft, utility vehicle, multi-policy, and EZ pay plan discount.
- SAFECO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, drive less, homeowner, accident prevention training, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau has savings for renewal discount, safe driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-car, good student, anti-theft, education and occupation, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
Check with each company to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in your state.
Statistics and details
The premium table shown next highlights estimates of rate quotes for Nissan Altima models. Learning more about how auto insurance prices are determined can be useful when making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$150||$276||$296||$18||$88||$828||$69|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$150||$324||$296||$18||$88||$876||$73|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$170||$324||$296||$18||$88||$896||$75|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$170||$324||$334||$20||$100||$948||$79|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$170||$324||$296||$18||$88||$896||$75|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$170||$374||$334||$20||$100||$998||$83|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in your specific Las Vegas location which can revise premiums substantially.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Altima car insurance costs with and without full coverage. The premium estimates are based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no specific rule that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Nissan Altima claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $300 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Nissan Altima Insurance Rates Can Be Reduced
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
Women tend to take less risk – Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Men and women cause accidents in similar numbers, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young males have the highest risk to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Altima car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The information is based on a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Car features can affect auto insurance rates – Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
Never let your auto insurance policy lapse – Driving any period of time without insurance is a big no-no and companies may charge more for letting your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage may earn you fines or a revoked license.
Excellent credit scores equal low prices – A driver’s credit rating is a big factor in determining your rates. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Nissan Altima by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers who have very high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with lower ratings.
City dwellers may pay more – Being located in less populated areas is a positive aspect when talking about auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People in densely populated areas regularly have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Most larger insurance companies apply discounts to customers that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to compare Nissan Altima rates in Las Vegas to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Nissan Altima historical loss data – Car insurance companies factor in historical loss data to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher losses will cost more for specific coverages. The next table shows the historical insurance loss data for Nissan Altima vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are 100 or greater show a trend for more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance agents can give valuable advice
A lot of people would rather get advice from a local agent. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and also buy local.
After filling out this short form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to leave your computer because prices are sent to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Las Vegas?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- If they are an independent agency in Las Vegas, which companies do they recommend?
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable agent, there are a couple of different types of agents to choose from. Insurance agencies in Las Vegas are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Las Vegas that are able to give price quotes.
- Chris Lopez – State Farm Insurance Agent
11700 W Charleston Blvd #175 – Las Vegas, NV 89135 – (702) 870-3663 – View Map
- State Farm: Bree Buckles
1000 S Rampart Blvd #14 – Las Vegas, NV 89145 – (702) 869-6600 – View Map
- Tom Ferrier – State Farm Insurance Agent
7528 Westcliff Dr – Las Vegas, NV 89145 – (702) 255-7770 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel are not locked into one company so they can write business with any number of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most can insure with smaller companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Las Vegas willing to provide price quotes.
- All Around Insurance Agency, Inc.
3970 N Tenaya Way #110 – Las Vegas, NV 89129 – (725) 696-7707 – View Map
- Insurance Specialists – Auto and Home Agency
5025 S Eastern Ave #20 – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 307-3398 – View Map
- Estrella Insurance Services
3700 E Charleston Blvd #130 – Las Vegas, NV 89104 – (702) 382-1177 – View Map
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
Affordable Nissan Altima insurance in Las Vegas is possible online and also from your neighborhood Las Vegas agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents.
When getting Las Vegas auto insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers or questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be pretty painless.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Pilot in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Las Vegas Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- How Much is Las Vegas Auto Insurance for Active Military? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)