Have you finally had enough of scraping nickels together each month for insurance? You’re in the same situation as most other people in Nevada.
A recent study showed that nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. Nevada insurance shoppers could save themselves nearly $545 a year, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they changed companies.
There are many auto insurance companies to pick from, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the lowest rates for Mini Cooper insurance in Las Vegas.
You should take the time to quote other rates occasionally since insurance prices tend to go up over time. If you had the best quotes on Mini Cooper insurance in Las Vegas on your last policy you can probably find a better rate now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because it’s time to teach you one of the best ways to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
There are several ways to compare prices from insurance companies in your area. The recommended way to lower the rate you pay for Mini Cooper insurance is simply to get online rate quotes.
It’s so fast and easy to compare quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to spend your day driving to each insurance agency near you. Quoting and buying Mini Cooper insurance online eliminates this option unless you want the advice and guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. Although, it is possible price shop online and get advice from an agent in your area.
Just remember that making a lot of price comparisons increases your odds of finding lower pricing. Not every company allows you to get price estimates online, so it’s recommended that you also compare price estimates from them as well.
The following companies are ready to provide free rate quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in Nevada, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Mini Cooper insurance charts and tables
The rate table below highlights different rate quotes for Mini Cooper models. Learning more about how premiums are figured can assist in making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cooper 2-Dr Hatchback||$264||$494||$354||$20||$106||$1,238||$103|
|Cooper 2-Dr Convertible||$264||$494||$274||$16||$82||$1,130||$94|
|Cooper S 2-Dr Hatchback||$264||$582||$354||$20||$106||$1,326||$111|
|Cooper S 2-Dr Convertible||$298||$582||$274||$16||$82||$1,252||$104|
|Cooper John Cooper Works 2-Dr Hatchback||$298||$582||$354||$20||$106||$1,360||$113|
|Cooper John Cooper Works 2-Dr Convertible||$332||$670||$274||$16||$82||$1,374||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase insurance rates considerably.
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can increase or decrease Mini Cooper insurance rates for each age group. The prices are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can increase Mini Cooper auto insurance costs for different insured age categories. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Mini Cooper annual premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rates are based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no set guideline for phasing out full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Mini Cooper replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $400 a year for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Mini Cooper insurance in Las Vegas
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you may find discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Mini may allow you to get lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current Cooper insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple cars with the same insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may receive lower premium rates.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The diagram below shows the difference between Mini Cooper insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The costs are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Nevada state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
To see a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Nevada, click this link.
Why you need insurance for your Mini Cooper
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Mini, almost all lenders will force you to carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Mini at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Mini but also your financial assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Mini as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $830 a year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
You may require the services of an agent
Certain consumers would prefer to buy from a local agent. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Las Vegas who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Las Vegas for you
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. They are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are Las Vegas exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with price quote information.
Marivic Macabasco – State Farm Insurance Agent
1096 E Sahara Ave #207 – Las Vegas, NV 89104 – (702) 892-9908 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, you will want to include price quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Las Vegas willing to provide rate quotes.