It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get affordable car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from providers in Las Vegas. This can be done by completing these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a substandard credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Montego coverage is available in Las Vegas. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new insurer. Immediately keep the new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Smart shoppers know that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Consumers who shop around annually are highly likely to switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A survey found that people who regularly compared price quotes saved over $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding budget-friendly auto insurance is your target objective, understanding how to choose a company and compare insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
Cutting your insurance rates is surprisingly easy. Just spend a little time to compare rates to find out which insurance company has affordable Mercury Montego insurance quotes.
Getting free price quotes online is quite simple, and it replaces the need to make phone calls or go to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing online rate quotes makes this unnecessary unless you have a need for the trained advice of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Drivers can compare online quotes but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Las Vegas, NV. If you want to find the cheapest auto insurance in NV, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Choosing the best Mercury vehicle insurance in Nevada is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mercury Montego in Las Vegas, buying insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Mercury at a much higher rate and make you pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Mercury gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Slash your car insurance rates with these eight discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but a few need to be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Smart Student Discounts – Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Online Discount – Many larger companies provide a small discount shop Las Vegas auto insurance on the web.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO may permit one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a driver safety class could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
Some of the larger companies that may include some of the above discounts include:
If you are trying to find the cheapest Mercury Montego rate quotes, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in Las Vegas. For a list of companies with discount rates in Las Vegas, click this link.
You may want advice from an insurance agent
Certain consumers just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is sent to participating agents in Las Vegas who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How long have they been in business?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
Two types of auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they operate. Agents in Las Vegas are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. These agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are Las Vegas exclusive insurance agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
Listed below are Las Vegas independent insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
Car insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the usual coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your Montego resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your Montego in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 15/30/10 which stand for $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as medical services, attorney fees, loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Nevada state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/10 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The chart below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be adequate.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills for things like chiropractic care, surgery, ambulance fees and prosthetic devices. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Mercury Montego.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (15/30/10 in Nevada), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hail damage, hitting a deer, damage from flooding, fire damage and vandalism. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Be persistent and save
We covered some good ideas how you can reduce Mercury Montego insurance auto insurance rates online in Las Vegas. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Las Vegas auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with a small mutual company. These companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When getting Las Vegas auto insurance quotes online, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where someone dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
More tips and info about car insurance is located in the articles below:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Las Vegas Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tundra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Las Vegas Auto Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)