It’s well known that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around for cheaper prices will most likely switch insurance companies because they have good chances of finding more affordable rates. Remarkably, a study showed that people who routinely compared rates saved over $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest price for Lincoln MKC insurance is your intention, learning how to choose a company and compare car insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Truthfully, the best way to find better pricing on Lincoln MKC insurance in Las Vegas is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers in Nevada. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Get an understanding of how auto insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like multiple speeding tickets and an imperfect credit score can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit a signed application and payment to the new insurer. Immediately safely store the certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area increases the chance that you will find more affordable rates.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Nevada. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Las Vegas, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Insuring your Lincoln MKC just makes sense
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lincoln in Las Vegas, insuring your vehicle is required in Nevada but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your MKC, most lenders will require you to buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lincoln at an extremely high rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Lincoln MKC. It will also cover medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Lincoln as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Informed Drivers Know How to Find Car Insurance Cheaper
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the different types of things that help calculate the price you pay for car insurance. When you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get cheaper rates.
Your address can influence price – Having an address in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages when buying car insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims. Drivers in populated Nevada areas regularly have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. The longer drive time statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Pay more out-of-pocket – Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be rear-ending another vehicle, hail damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Tickets cost more than a fine – How you drive has a big impact on rates. Even one chargeable violation can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. Careful drivers get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who get flagrant violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Men are more aggressive – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. Males and females are in accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
Lincoln MKC insurance loss statistics – Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that the data shows to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The next table illustrates the insurance loss data for Lincoln MKC vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln MKC 4dr 2WD||97||76||69|
|Lincoln MKC 4dr 4WD||99||68||72||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
One last thing about your coverage
When searching for low cost Las Vegas auto insurance quotes, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
There are still a few companies who don’t offer rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies. Cheaper auto insurance in Las Vegas is definitely available online and with local Las Vegas insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to compare Lincoln MKC insurance car insurance rates in Las Vegas. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from an unexpected company.
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Pilot in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)