It’s shocking but a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never shopped around. Many drivers in Nevada could save themselves nearly $545 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know the rate savings if they just switched companies.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers that sell auto insurance in Las Vegas.
- First, spend some time learning about how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a negative credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides additional tips to prevent expensive rate increases and find hidden discounts.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Immediately put the new certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One important bit of advice is to compare similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Reducing your Volvo XC60 insurance rates is actually easier than you may think. Consumers just need to take a couple of minutes comparing rates from different insurance companies.
The car insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Las Vegas, NV. To buy the cheapest car insurance in NV, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Why you need to buy insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volvo in Las Vegas, paying for insurance is mandatory in Nevada but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Volvo XC60, more than likely the lender will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Volvo at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your Volvo but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Volvo gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $825 a year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Rates and other information
The coverage table shown next showcases different coverage prices for Volvo XC60 models. Having insight into how policy rates are determined can help you make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC60 3.2 2WD||$258||$470||$268||$16||$80||$1,092||$91|
|XC60 3.2 AWD||$290||$470||$268||$16||$80||$1,124||$94|
|XC60 T6 AWD AWD||$290||$554||$268||$16||$80||$1,208||$101|
|XC60 T6-R AWD AWD||$324||$554||$268||$16||$80||$1,242||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in your specific Las Vegas location which can decrease or increase coverage prices greatly.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The diagram below shows how violations and at-fault fender-benders drive up Volvo XC60 annual premium costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Gender differences in car insurance premiums
The example below shows the comparison of Volvo XC60 insurance prices for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage?
The illustration below compares Volvo XC60 insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no clear-cut rule to stop buying physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volvo XC60 settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing in excess of $300 a year for full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but a few need to be requested specifically before being credited.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on XC60 insurance in Las Vegas.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable data collection to scrutinize driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- College Student Discount – Children living away from Las Vegas attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Drivers Education – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
- Good Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Las Vegas car insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you the cheapest Volvo XC60 insurance in Las Vegas.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The information below compares Volvo XC60 premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts for good driver, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, good student, and driver’s education.
- Esurance offers discounts including multi-car, anti-theft, good student, paid-in-full, and online quote.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include newly retired, new move discount, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, safety features, new graduate, and newly married.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for air bags, multiple vehicles, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, student away at school, multi-policy, and paid in full.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, federal employee, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, and military active duty.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state. For a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Nevada, click this link.
Nevada car insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from a highly-rated car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many choices you have in Nevada. The ranking information shown below could help you choose which car insurance providers to look at putting your business with.
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
- Allstate – 88%