Finding more affordable coverage rates on Suzuki Vitara insurance in Las Vegas could be very difficult for beginners to comparison shopping online. Consumers have so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a real difficult job to find cheaper Suzuki Vitara insurance rates.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that most auto insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Nevada could cut their rates by approximately $500 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they think it’s difficult to go online and compare rates.
These six discounts can cut Suzuki Vitara insurance rates
Auto insurance companies do not list every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving less could earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not all auto insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used Vitara can get you a discount because newer models are generally safer.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy with the same company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring multiple cars on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- GEICO offers discounts including military active duty, anti-lock brakes, air bags, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, safe driver, drive less, bundle discounts, and teen safety rewards.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and defensive driving training.
- MetLife has savings for accident-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, good driver, good student, claim-free
- 21st Century may include discounts for good student, 55 and older, early bird, theft prevention, student driver, defensive driver, and teen driver.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
When getting free Las Vegas auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in Las Vegas. To find insurance companies with the best Suzuki Vitara insurance discounts in Nevada, follow this link.
Finding Suzuki Vitara insurance in Las Vegas
All major car insurance companies provide prices for coverage directly from their websites. Getting Suzuki Vitara insurance prices online is possible for anyone as you simply type in your coverage preferences into the quote form. Upon sending the form, their quoting system requests your driving and credit reports and generates a price based on the information you submitted.
The ability to get online rate quotes for Suzuki Vitara insurance in Las Vegas makes it simple to compare prices and it is important to perform this step in order to get the lowest payment.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you copy your coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you are getting an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Nevada. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Las Vegas, NV, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Exclusive and independent insurance agents
Some people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this short form, the coverage information is submitted to companies in Las Vegas who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no reason to leave your house because prices are sent to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
Types of car insurance agents
When finding a local insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents from which to choose. Auto insurance agents can either be exclusive or independent.
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
The following are Las Vegas exclusive agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- David Habart – State Farm Insurance Agent
2035 Village Center Cir #100 – Las Vegas, NV 89134 – (702) 851-2400 – View Map
- Tod Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
7450 W Cheyenne Ave #105 – Las Vegas, NV 89129 – (702) 367-4900 – View Map
- Mario Giannini – State Farm Insurance Agent
9484 W Lake Mead Blvd #7 – Las Vegas, NV 89134 – (702) 982-3300 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. When comparing rates, it’s recommended you get several quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. Most independent agents also contract with companies you’ve never heard of which may provide better rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Las Vegas who can help you get price quotes.
- A Dependable Insurance Agency
7150 N Durango Dr #130 – Las Vegas, NV 89149 – (702) 880-9000 – View Map
- Las Vegas Auto Insurance
1953 N Decatur Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89108 – (702) 570-5777 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Sage Insurance Services Inc Agency
1081 S Cimarron Rd, Ste B56 – Las Vegas, NV 89145 – (702) 613-0000 – View Map
Car insurance policy specifics
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Liability coverages – Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people in an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 15/30/10 which means $15,000 bodily injury coverage, $30,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability insurance covers claims like legal defense fees, loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Nevada state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hitting a deer. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Vitara in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/10 in Nevada), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Medical expense insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills like EMT expenses, doctor visits, hospital visits and rehabilitation expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Don’t give up on affordable rates
Lower-priced Suzuki Vitara insurance in Las Vegas is definitely available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
We’ve covered a lot of ways to compare Suzuki Vitara insurance car insurance rates in Las Vegas. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the best car insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests and even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching insurance companies is less work than it seems.
How to buy low-cost Suzuki Vitara insurance in Las Vegas
The easiest way to quote cheaper Suzuki Vitara insurance in Las Vegas is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers that sell auto insurance in Nevada.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about what is in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as high-risk driving behaviors and a substandard credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A crucial key to this process is to compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
More tips and info about insurance is located at these sites:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Car Insurance Rates for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Malibu in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Las Vegas Auto Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)