If you want to save money, the best way to quote cheaper Saturn VUE insurance in Las Vegas is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies in Nevada.
- First, learn about policy coverages and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates like careless driving and a not-so-good credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One tip to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures a level playing field and the best rate selection.
A recent study showed that most auto insurance policyholders have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in Nevada being $1,621, drivers could save an average of $500 each year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rate quotes online.
The quickest way to compare rates for Saturn VUE insurance in Las Vegas utilizes the fact almost all companies have advanced systems to give you rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide information like how much coverage you want, if you require a SR-22, driver ages, and what you do for a living. The rating information gets sent immediately to many of the top insurers and you should receive rate quotes very quickly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Las Vegas.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Nevada. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Las Vegas, NV, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and statistics
The premium table displayed below showcases different prices for Saturn VUE models. Learning how insurance prices are established can be of help when making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Vue XE 2WD||$228||$406||$348||$20||$104||$1,106||$92|
|Vue XR 2WD||$228||$494||$348||$20||$104||$1,194||$100|
|Vue XR-L 2WD||$258||$494||$348||$20||$104||$1,224||$102|
|Vue XR AWD||$258||$494||$348||$20||$104||$1,224||$102|
|Vue XR-L AWD||$258||$582||$348||$20||$104||$1,312||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in your specific Las Vegas location which can increase or decrease coverage rates significantly.
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can raise or lower Saturn VUE insurance premiums for different insured age categories. Data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The diagram below shows the difference between Saturn VUE insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no definitive formula that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Saturn VUE replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $600 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Even though Las Vegas VUE insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance is required for several reasons.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Saturn VUE with a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Saturn at a significantly higher premium and make you pay the higher price.
Third, insurance protects not only your Saturn but also your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is wasting up to $820 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
How Insurance Companies Calculate Saturn VUE Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, although some other factors are more transparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
Listed below are just a few of the factors companies use to determine premiums.
- What are your comp and collision deductibles? – Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The more the insured is willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Optional features impact premiums – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder auto theft and help lower rates.
- More traffic equals higher prices – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country may provide you with better prices when talking about auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have more auto accidents and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Influences performance influences auto insurance costs – The make and model of the car you need insurance for makes a big difference in determining your rates. The lowest base rates will normally be found when insuring smaller low performance passenger vehicles, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single male driver age 30, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Saturn VUE insurance premiums compared to other makes and models that have a range of risk factors.
- Better credit means lower rates – Having a good credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. If your credit rating is not that good, you could save money insuring your Saturn VUE if you improve your credit rating. People that have good credit tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower ratings.
- How many coverages with the same company – Some auto insurance companies give better rates to insureds who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to check prices from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Cheaper Las Vegas car insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might already qualify for some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be asked for in order for you to get them. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Las Vegas may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total VUE insurance premium.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a course in safe driver could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky. Any amount of discount will bring down the amount you pay for coverage.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Saturn VUE insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The rates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
To find insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Nevada, follow this link.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
What if I want to buy from local Las Vegas insurance agents?
Many drivers still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local. And providing support for local insurance agents is especially important in Las Vegas.
By using this short form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Las Vegas for you
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agents can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured. When comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to compare quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Many independent agencies also insure through small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are Las Vegas independent agencies who may provide free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Alliance Insurance Agency
1955 E Tropicana Ave h – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 518-6727 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Sage Insurance Services Inc Agency
1081 S Cimarron Rd, Ste B56 – Las Vegas, NV 89145 – (702) 613-0000 – View Map
- Stevens Insurance
7785 N Durango Dr – Las Vegas, NV 89131 – (702) 648-9689 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Las Vegas who can help you get rate quotes.
- Luria Walker – State Farm Insurance Agent
3124 N Rainbow Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89108 – (702) 645-3300 – View Map
- State Farm: Eric James
1350 E Flamingo Rd #14 – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 836-0953 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Sergio A Chavez
4676 W Charleston Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89102 – (702) 462-9100 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
Nevada auto insurance company ratings
Picking a highly-rated company is difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in Las Vegas. The company ratings shown below may help you select which auto insurers you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Quote often and quote early
We just presented a lot of information how to get a better price on Saturn VUE insurance in Las Vegas. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding affordable Las Vegas auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions or delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
Lower-priced insurance in Las Vegas can be sourced on the web as well as from independent agents in Las Vegas, so you need to quote Las Vegas auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some companies may not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agencies.
More tips and info about insurance is available at these sites:
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Immigrants in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Las Vegas Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tundra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)