If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get cheaper Pontiac GTO insurance is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers in Las Vegas. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit history can be amended by paying attention to minor details. This article gives tips to get low prices and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from many different companies. View a list of agents
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on GTO insurance in Las Vegas. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A crucial key to this process is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who do rate comparisons are inclined to move their business because there is a high probability of finding a cheaper policy. A survey found that people who compared rates annually saved on average $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest price for insurance is your ultimate target, knowing the best way to shop and compare insurance rates can make the process more efficient.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If you want cheap car insurance in Las Vegas, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Companies don’t always publicize all discounts very well, so the following is a list of some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Las Vegas car insurance online.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Memberships – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better rates.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Some of the insurance companies that may have most of the discounts above are:
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Las Vegas.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Nevada
Despite the high insurance cost for a Pontiac GTO in Las Vegas, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Pontiac has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Pontiac at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so shop around every year to save money.
What is the best car insurance company in Las Vegas?
Choosing the best insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Las Vegas. The company information in the lists below can help you decide which car insurance providers to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Insurance can get complicated
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Buying car insurance from Las Vegas insurance agents
Many drivers would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local agencies is still important in Las Vegas.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Las Vegas that can provide free Las Vegas car insurance quotes for your business. You never need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
When looking for a local agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Agents in Las Vegas can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth learning why they differ because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you include at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agencies in Las Vegas that can possibly get you price quotes.
Family Trust Insurance, LLC
6420 W Spring Mountain Rd #20 – Las Vegas, NV 89146 – (702) 212-3838 – View Map
All Around Insurance Agency, Inc.
3970 N Tenaya Way #110 – Las Vegas, NV 89129 – (725) 696-7707 – View Map
Alliance Insurance Agency
1955 E Tropicana Ave h – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 518-6727 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are well schooled on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Las Vegas that can give you price quotes.
Jody Evans – State Farm Insurance Agent
8450 W Sahara Ave #111 – Las Vegas, NV 89117 – (702) 251-9760 – View Map
State Farm: Gregory A Moore
4312 W Charleston Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89102 – (702) 870-9298 – View Map
Juan Diaz – State Farm Insurance Agent
1718 S Eastern Ave – Las Vegas, NV 89104 – (702) 489-4242 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- How long has the business existed?