If you want to save the most money, the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from different companies in Las Vegas. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to understand how insurance works and the things you can change to lower rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as inattentive driving and poor credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new insurance company. As soon as you have the new policy, put the new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that most drivers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates with other companies. With the average insurance premium being $1,600, Las Vegas drivers could save up to 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue the rate savings if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Finding cheaper Kia Rio auto insurance prices doesn’t have to be difficult. Drivers just need to invest a few minutes getting comparison quotes to find the company with the cheapest Kia Rio rate quotes.
It’s so simple to compare auto insurance quotes online takes the place of having to waste gas driving to insurance agencies in your area. Shopping for auto insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless your situation requires the professional abilities that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Although, it is possible compare online quotes but buy from a local insurance agent.
The car insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Don’t overlook these seven Kia Rio insurance discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might already qualify for some discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be asked for before they will apply.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- Las Vegas Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Las Vegas can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Rio can get you a discount since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
The diagram below compares Kia Rio auto insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for bundle discounts, multi-car, good student, electronic funds transfer, teen driver, mature driver, and distant student.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for multi-policy, safe driver, 55 and retired, youthful driver, renewal discount, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm may offer discounts for anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, good driver, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver’s education.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, defensive driver, seat belt use, driver training, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may include discounts for homeowner, teen safe driver, drive less, safe driver, anti-theft, bundle discounts, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include new move discount, preferred payment discount, multi-policy, newly married, teen driver discount, multi-car, and new graduate.
If you need affordable Las Vegas auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Las Vegas. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Las Vegas, click here to view.
Insurance coverage details
The price information shown next showcases detailed analysis of insurance costs for Kia Rio models. Being aware of how insurance policy premiums are figured helps drivers make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific Las Vegas garaging location which can revise premium rates noticeably.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The chart below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can influence Kia Rio premium costs for different ages of insureds. The costs are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance rates by gender and age
The example below shows the comparison of Kia Rio insurance prices for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Compare rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Las Vegas auto insurance agent
A small number of people just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Professional insurance agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find the best rates and also buy local.
After filling out this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Las Vegas that can provide free Las Vegas auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best provider should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
Two types of car insurance agents
If you are searching for a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies from which to choose. Las Vegas agents are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning why they differ because it can influence the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. These agents are usually well trained on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Las Vegas willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to contact several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Las Vegas that can give you price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: Sage Insurance Services Inc Agency
1081 S Cimarron Rd, Ste B56 – Las Vegas, NV 89145 – (702) 613-0000 – View Map
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When selecting adequate coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Kia Rio?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Even though Las Vegas Rio insurance rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will require that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Kia at a much higher rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $750 every year so we recommend shopping around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverages available from car insurance companies.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like theft, hail damage, hitting a bird and fire damage. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
UM/UIM Coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Kia Rio.
Due to the fact that many Nevada drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 15/30/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Liability auto insurance – This will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 15/30/10 which means a limit of $15,000 per injured person, $30,000 for the entire accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like attorney fees, court costs, medical services, pain and suffering and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Nevada requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Medical costs insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses for things like nursing services, chiropractic care, X-ray expenses and hospital visits. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays for damage to your Rio resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Rio to save money on collision insurance.
What is the best auto insurance company in Nevada?
Ending up with the top auto insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many choices you have in Nevada. The information shown below can help you choose which insurers you want to consider comparing rates from.
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- The Hartford – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Smart consumers save more
Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents. Cheaper auto insurance in Las Vegas can be sourced online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read in these articles:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)