If price shopping Las Vegas car insurance quotes online is new to you, you can be confused because of the huge number insurance agents and companies who all claim to have the lowest rates for Kia Borrego insurance in Las Vegas.
It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Drivers who compare rates annually are inclined to buy a different policy because there is a great chance of finding lower rate quotes. A recent insurance study revealed that people who compared rates once a year saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around for better prices.
If saving money on insurance is your ultimate goal, then having an understanding of how to quote and compare insurance coverage can help you be more efficient.
Smart consumers take time to compare premium rates on a regular basis because insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you found the best deal on Kia Borrego insurance in Las Vegas on your last policy you can probably find a better price now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding Borrego insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you a lot of great tips on how to find affordable insurance in Las Vegas.
Keep in mind that comparing more prices helps improve the odds of finding lower pricing.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If you want the best cheap car insurance in Las Vegas, NV, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Kia Borrego in Las Vegas, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Nevada but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Borrego, most banks will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at an extremely high rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Kia and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Affordable Las Vegas auto insurance quotes with discounts
Some companies don’t always publicize all available discounts very clearly, so the below list has both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Kia could qualify for lower auto insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Membership in Organizations – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on auto insurance.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will reduce the cost of your policy.
Companies that may offer quotes with some of the discounts shown above possibly include:
When getting free Las Vegas car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not be available in Las Vegas. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer many of these discounts in Las Vegas, follow this link.
Local Las Vegas car insurance agents
Some consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local agents is especially important in Las Vegas.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is sent to companies in Las Vegas who will give competitive quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific company, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a good Las Vegas insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents that you can select. Agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to compare prices from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
Below is a partial list of independent agents in Las Vegas that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
- All Around Insurance Agency, Inc.
3970 N Tenaya Way #110 – Las Vegas, NV 89129 – (725) 696-7707 – View Map
- Invest America Insurance LLC
6190 W Charleston Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89146 – (702) 685-3888 – View Map
- All Nevada Insurance
9440 W Sahara Ave #210 – Las Vegas, NV 89117 – (702) 873-4889 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only write with one company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Las Vegas willing to provide price quotes.
- Jody Evans – State Farm Insurance Agent
8450 W Sahara Ave #111 – Las Vegas, NV 89117 – (702) 251-9760 – View Map
- Gary Gibson – State Farm Insurance Agent
Ste B3, 3220 S Durango Dr – Las Vegas, NV 89117 – (702) 901-8787 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Misty Chadwick
2620 Regatta Dr Ste 122 – Las Vegas, NV 89128 – (702) 451-4409 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Nevada?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Las Vegas?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Las Vegas?
If you get satisfactory answers for all questions you ask and affordable Kia Borrego insurance rates in Las Vegas quotes, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that can be trusted to provide insurance coverage. Just keep in mind you can always terminate coverage for any reason so don’t assume that you’re stuck with the insurance policy indefinitely.
A conclusion for your insurance search
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to get a better price on Kia Borrego insurance in Las Vegas. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Las Vegas car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from a small mutual company.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper insurance in Las Vegas is definitely available online in addition to many Las Vegas insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide price quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
How to find affordable quotes for Kia Borrego insurance in Las Vegas
The recommended way to find discount Kia Borrego insurance in Las Vegas is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers in Nevada. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Spend some time learning about what is in your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit history can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit the application along with any required down payment for your new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)