It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who shop around for cheaper rates are very likely to switch companies because there is a good probability of finding lower rate quotes. A study showed that consumers who compared rates once a year saved on average $72 a month compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the best price on insurance is your ultimate target, then having a grasp of how to shop for insurance coverage can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The preferred way to get more affordable Dodge Magnum insurance is to regularly compare prices from providers who sell auto insurance in Las Vegas.
Step 1: Try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many things that cause high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The key thing to remember is that you use the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. This guarantees a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Las Vegas is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to cut your premiums using the concepts you’re about to learn. But Nevada vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies determine what you pay and take advantage of how the system works.
The best way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the trick most of the larger companies participate in online systems to compare their rates. All consumers are required to do is take a few minutes to give details including if you have an active license, the year, make and model of vehicles, your job, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. The rating information is submitted instantly to multiple top-rated companies and they return rate quotes almost instantly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Nevada. To buy the best auto insurance in Las Vegas, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Why you need quality insurance for your Magnum
Even though Las Vegas Magnum insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Dodge Magnum Insurance Cost Factors
It’s important that you understand some of the things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower premium levels. Many different elements are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” used by companies to determine your prices.
- Impacts performance impacts auto insurance costs – The type of car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your premium level. The most favorable rates will normally be found when insuring smaller low performance passenger models, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Low mileage costs less – Driving more miles each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most insurance companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy states the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. A policy that improperly rates your Magnum may be costing you.
- Eliminate unneeded extra policy coverages – Policies have extra add-on coverages that can add up on your Magnum policy. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and membership fees may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but if they’re wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
- Your credit history is important – A driver’s credit rating can be an important factor in determining your rates. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers who have poor credit scores. If your credit history is not that good, you could save money insuring your Dodge Magnum if you clean up your credit.
- Do you know your physical damage deductibles? – Protection for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, covers damage that occurs to your Dodge. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a windshield shattered by a rock, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. Comp and collision deductibles tell how much you are required to pay if the claim is covered. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
- Pay more if you have a long commute – Residing in a rural area can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people means fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers in populated Nevada areas have more aggressive driving styles and more time behind the wheel. More time on the road translates into higher accident risk.
Insurance policy discounts for Dodge Magnum insurance in Las Vegas
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but a few must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your auto and home policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on the same insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger companies have a discounted price on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids living away from Las Vegas attending college and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see companies with significant discounts in Nevada, click here.
Do I need special coverages?
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Dodge Magnum?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Local neighborhood agents and insurance
A lot of people prefer to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Las Vegas who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- What company do they have the most business with?
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
In this article, we presented many tips how you can find cheap Dodge Magnum insurance in Las Vegas. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Lower-priced Dodge Magnum insurance in Las Vegas can be sourced online and with local Las Vegas insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies work with local independent agencies.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located by following these links:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Car Insurance Rates for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Car Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)