It takes a little time, but the best way to find affordable quotes for Chevy Spark insurance is to do an annual price comparison from providers who sell auto insurance in Las Vegas. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents and a less-than-favorable credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for your new policy. When you receive it, place your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
A recent study showed that over 70% of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. Nevada insurance shoppers could save an average of nearly $545 each year, but they think it’s difficult to compare other rate quotes.
If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using these tips. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Las Vegas is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Although Nevada drivers need to learn how the larger insurance companies calculate your car insurance rates because rates fluctuate considerably.
Best Chevy Spark insurance prices in Nevada
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in Las Vegas, NV. To buy cheaper auto insurance in NV, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the factors that go into determining your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
Listed below are some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
- Getting married is a bonus – Having a spouse can get you a discount when shopping for auto insurance. Having a spouse means you’re more mature and responsible and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- More people means more accidents – Having an address in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims. Drivers in populated Nevada areas regularly have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. More time behind the wheel statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are a ton of extra coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and membership fees may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Cheaper prices with safer cars – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums.
- Do you know your comp and collision deductibles? – The deductibles you choose tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, or theft of your vehicle. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application digitally online.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will lower the cost of coverage.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, seat belt use, military active duty, anti-theft, and driver training.
- MetLife has discounts for good student, good driver, defensive driver, accident-free, and claim-free.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, and online quote discount.
- Travelers includes discounts for driver training, good student, student away at school, multi-car, IntelliDrive, and save driver.
- SAFECO discounts include drive less, accident prevention training, safe driver, anti-theft, teen safe driver, homeowner, and bundle discounts.
- AAA may have discounts that include AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-car, anti-theft, education and occupation, and good student.
Check with all the companies the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in your area. To see insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Las Vegas, click here.
Car insurance agents are trained to help
Many drivers still like to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find better rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to participating agents in Las Vegas who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to find an agent because prices are sent to you directly. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking an company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How are they compensated?
- Does their agency support local causes in Las Vegas?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How are claims handled?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
Two types of auto insurance agents
If you want to use a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents that you can select. Car insurance agencies can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below are Las Vegas exclusive agents who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rates, you will want to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below are independent agents in Las Vegas who can help you get price quote information.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
The cheapest Chevy Spark insurance in Las Vegas can be sourced from both online companies in addition to many Las Vegas insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not provide rate quotes online and many times these smaller providers work with independent agencies.
When getting Las Vegas auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed full coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just covered some good ideas how to compare Chevy Spark insurance prices in Las Vegas. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding low cost Las Vegas auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with the least-expected company. These companies often have lower rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
To learn more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Las Vegas Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Las Vegas Auto Insurance Quotes for a Kia Optima? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)