Sadly, the majority of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. Las Vegas insurance shoppers could save about $550 every year, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to go online and compare rates.
Really, the only way to get affordable Acura RL insurance in Las Vegas is to compare quotes once a year from companies who sell insurance in Nevada.
- It will benefit you to learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. This article provides additional ideas to help prevent high rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new agent or company. As soon as you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use identical coverages on every quote and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
Companies offering affordable Acura RL prices in Las Vegas, NV
The car insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If you want cheap auto insurance in Nevada, we recommend you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Insurance coverage details
The premium table displayed below highlights different coverage costs for Acura RL models. Having a good grasp of how policy rates are formulated can aid in making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RL 3.7 with Tech Package||$230||$486||$348||$20||$104||$1,188||$99|
|RL 3.7 with Tech/CMBS Package||$230||$486||$348||$20||$104||$1,188||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in specific zip code location which can affect auto insurance rates greatly.
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can impact Acura RL insurance costs for each age group. The information is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Driving violations and accidents
The illustration below shows how violations and at-fault claims can impact Acura RL auto insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The data is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Las Vegas insurance discounts for an Acura RL
Car insurance companies don’t always list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below contains both well-publicized and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Las Vegas auto insurance online.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
The illustration below compares Acura RL premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The costs are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts for defensive driving training, good driver, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, good student, and multiple autos.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for defensive driver, good student, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, air bags, and daytime running lights.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including teenSMART discount, anti-theft, premier plus, EZ pay plan discount, new car, and eSmart discount.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include homeowner, teen safe driver, anti-theft, safe driver, multi-car, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farm Bureau has savings for multi-policy, good student, driver training, safe driver, youthful driver, renewal discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- AAA offers discounts including anti-theft, education and occupation, good student, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
When getting free Las Vegas auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent how you can save money. Savings may not be available in your state. To find providers offering car insurance discounts in Nevada, click this link.
Acura RL Insurance Costs Can Be Cheaper
Lots of things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. Part of the insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for insurance. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
No insurance policy gaps is important – Letting your insurance expire is a quick way to pay more for insurance. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time. You may then have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Nevada department of motor vehicles.
Location can affect price – Living in areas with lower population can save you money when insuring your vehicles. People who live in big cities have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. Fewer people translates into fewer accident claims as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Males pay more for insurance – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. Men and women cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but males tend to have more serious accidents. They also get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Males from age 16 to 21 are the most expensive to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
The example below shows the difference between Acura RL car insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Bundling policies can get discounts – Most major companies afford a discount to buyers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a chance you can save more without the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
Stay claim-free and save – Insurance companies in Nevada award discounts to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Certain jobs pay higher prices – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like military personnel, architects, and emergency personnel have the highest rates because of intense work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, occupations like farmers, athletes and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
Acura RL claim probability – Companies analyze past claim statistics to help determine the rate you pay. Models that historically have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for specific coverages. The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Acura RL vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura RLX 4dr||128||63||179||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers just want to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this short form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that can provide free Las Vegas auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an insurer should include more criteria than just the price. Before buying a policy in Las Vegas, get answers to these questions.
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Las Vegas?
When narrowing the list to find a good Las Vegas insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agents in Las Vegas are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact buying decisions.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive extensive training on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand name rather than having low rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Las Vegas who can help you get rate quotes.
- Mike Whitford – State Farm Insurance Agent
6485 N Decatur Blvd #150 – Las Vegas, NV 89131 – (702) 463-2400 – View Map
- Juan Diaz State Farm®
352 S Jones Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89107 – (702) 870-0444 – View Map
- LaDonna Koeller – State Farm Insurance Agent
4275 N Rancho Dr #155 – Las Vegas, NV 89130 – (702) 636-9447 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, we recommend you include several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to different regional companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Las Vegas that can give you rate quotes.
- Red Rock Insurance
1958 Village Center Cir #5 – Las Vegas, NV 89134 – (702) 733-0330 – View Map
- Alliance Insurance Agency
1955 E Tropicana Ave h – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 518-6727 – View Map
- Leavitt Group – Leavitt Insurance Agency
7881 W Charleston Blvd #140 – Las Vegas, NV 89117 – (702) 382-4010 – View Map
Persistence pays off
When getting Las Vegas auto insurance quotes online, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price.
Some insurance providers may not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through independent agencies. Budget-conscious Acura RL insurance can be bought on the web and also from your neighborhood Las Vegas agents, so you need to compare both to get a complete price analysis.
You just read many tips how you can shop for Acura RL insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Las Vegas auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)