Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that a large majority of consumers have been with the same company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Consumers in the United States can save as much as $850 each year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they replace their high priced policy.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find lower priced car insurance rates in Las Vegas is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers in Nevada.
- Try to comprehend policy coverages and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, careless driving, and poor credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for the details to lower rates and find additional discounts.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View insurance agents
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new insurance company. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
One piece of advice is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
Quoting and comparing rates for affordable protection in Las Vegas can be fairly easy. Virtually every person who compares rate quotes for car insurance stands a good chance to be able to lower their premiums. Although Nevada vehicle owners can benefit from knowing the way companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
All the larger car insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow consumers to get pricing online. The process is fairly simple as you just type in your coverage preferences into the form. After the form is submitted, their rating system automatically retrieves your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information based on these and other factors. This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s necessary to perform this step if you want to get lower-cost prices.
To find out what other companies charge, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the coverage information just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will be getting a rate comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Las Vegas, NV. If you want to find the best auto insurance in Las Vegas, NV, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Check for these rate reducing discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Most are applied when you quote, but some must be inquired about before they will apply.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best car insurance rates when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on the internet.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Las Vegas car insurance quote.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may receive a small discount on rates.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
The chart below shows the difference between Kia Sportage auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums assume a male driver, no violations or claims, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
To locate insurers that offer multiple discounts in Las Vegas, click here.
Insurance coverage analysis
The rate information below showcases a range of policy rates for Kia Sportage models. Having a better understanding of how car insurance premiums are determined can be useful when making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$110||$204||$324||$20||$96||$754||$63|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$110||$204||$324||$20||$96||$754||$63|
|Sportage EX 2WD 4-Dr||$126||$248||$324||$20||$96||$814||$68|
|Sportage LX 4WD 4-Dr||$126||$248||$324||$20||$96||$814||$68|
|Sportage EX 4WD 4-Dr||$126||$248||$324||$20||$96||$814||$68|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can raise or lower coverage prices noticeably.
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can increase or decrease Kia Sportage insurance costs for each different age group. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and accident claims can impact Kia Sportage auto insurance costs for each different age group. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Does full coverage make sense?
The illustration below shows the comparison of Kia Sportage premium costs with full coverage and liability only. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no specific rule to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Kia Sportage replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $6,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $600 annually for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Las Vegas insurance agency
A small number of people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is important particularly in Las Vegas.
Once you complete this quick form, the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Las Vegas who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Las Vegas for you
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local Las Vegas insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies do not write with just one company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we recommend you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Las Vegas who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: The Delbrocco Agency
5150 Spring Mountain, Unit 11 – Las Vegas, NV 89146 – (702) 730-0009 – View Map
Insurance Specialists – Auto and Home Agency
5025 S Eastern Ave #20 – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 307-3398 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Sage Insurance Services Inc Agency
1081 S Cimarron Rd, Ste B56 – Las Vegas, NV 89145 – (702) 613-0000 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are Las Vegas exclusive agencies that are able to give price quote information.
Marivic Macabasco – State Farm Insurance Agent
1096 E Sahara Ave #207 – Las Vegas, NV 89104 – (702) 892-9908 – View Map
Jeremy Walser – State Farm Insurance Agent
1725 S Rainbow Blvd #11 – Las Vegas, NV 89146 – (702) 367-1991 – View Map
Allstate Insurance: Yukin Kwan
4001 S Decatur Blvd Ste 4 – Las Vegas, NV 89103 – (702) 530-8822 – View Map
Picking an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Nevada?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- What discounts might you be missing?
The Kia Sportage Insurance Premium Equation
When buying insurance it’s important to understand the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that could result in lower premium levels. Multiple criteria are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
Do you know your deductibles? – Your deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, protects your car from damage. Some coverage claims would be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and damage from wind. The more you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Some companies afford better rates to people that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s still a good idea to compare other Las Vegas Sportage insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Men are more aggressive – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women are responsible for at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
The chart below illustrates the difference between Kia Sportage auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Urban areas may pay more – Residing in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. People who live in big cities have more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Vocation stress can make you pay more – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupational choices like fire fighters, business owners, and dentists tend to pay higher premiums than the average policyholder due to high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, occupations like professors, historians and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
Kia Sportage insurance loss statistics – Car insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when determining insurance prices. Models that have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher premium rate.
The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for Kia Sportage vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Sportage 4dr 2WD||82||100||66||113||127||109|
|Kia Sportage 4dr 4WD||90||100||83||116||108||101|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Las Vegas, insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Sportage, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Kia at an extremely high rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your Kia and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $855 a year so shop around at every renewal to save money.
Quote more and you will save more
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to compare Kia Sportage insurance prices in Las Vegas. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Las Vegas car insurance, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with a small local company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When getting Las Vegas car insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
Lower-priced Kia Sportage insurance in Las Vegas can be found both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Retired Military in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)