We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who shop around once a year will probably buy a different policy because of the high probability of getting low-cost coverage. A recent study showed that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved on average $865 annually compared to policyholders who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance is your ultimate goal, then having an understanding of the best way to shop and compare auto insurance can make the process more efficient.
Really, the only way to get discount auto insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from different companies that insure vehicles in Las Vegas.
- Try to learn a little about how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as distracted driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new carrier. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of this process is to compare similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Las Vegas is really quite easy. Practically every person who comparison shops for car insurance will be able to cut their insurance bill. But Nevada drivers must understand how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online because rates are impacted by many factors.
Best Kia Spectra insurance rate quotes in Nevada
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Kia Spectra insurance in Las Vegas
Some companies do not advertise their entire list of discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Las Vegas auto insurance online.
- Bundle and Save – If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you low cost Kia Spectra insurance.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Good Grades – Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because it is proof that your finances are in order.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, and military active duty.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for location of vehicle, ease of repair, low natural disaster claims, multi-car, accident-free, and age of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include business and professional, mature driver, good student, early shopping, youthful driver, multi-car, and distant student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include multi-policy, safe driver, group or association, company car, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including new vehicle discount, new graduate, exclusive group savings, new move discount, teen driver discount, and hybrid vehicle.
- SAFECO includes discounts for homeowner, multi-car, safe driver, anti-theft, bundle discounts, and teen safe driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- USAA may include discounts for multi-policy, good student, driver training, family discount, and loyalty savings.
If you are trying to find affordable Las Vegas auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply to policies in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Nevada, click here to view.
Local Las Vegas insurance agencies and auto insurance
A small number of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheaper prices but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to companies in Las Vegas who want to provide quotes to get your business. You don’t have to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Las Vegas, get answers to these questions.
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Where are claims handled?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
Below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Las Vegas that may be willing to give price quotes for Kia Spectra insurance in Las Vegas.
- Jody Evans – State Farm Insurance Agent
8450 W Sahara Ave #111 – Las Vegas, NV 89117 – (702) 251-9760 – View Map
- Gary Gibson – State Farm Insurance Agent
Ste B3, 3220 S Durango Dr – Las Vegas, NV 89117 – (702) 901-8787 – View Map
- Kate Lowe – State Farm Insurance Agent
10198 W Flamingo Rd #130 – Las Vegas, NV 89147 – (702) 363-4500 – View Map
- Juan Diaz State Farm®
352 S Jones Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89107 – (702) 870-0444 – View Map
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have and an affordable coverage quote, you may have just found an insurer that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles. Just be aware that you have the power to terminate coverage any time you want so don’t think you’re contractually obligated to any specific agency with no way out.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like funeral costs, hospital visits and chiropractic care. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Spectra in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like theft, damage from a tornado or hurricane and vandalism. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Kia Spectra.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Nevada limits are 15/30/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 15/30/10 that means you have $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as attorney fees, funeral expenses, medical services, legal defense fees and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Nevada requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Affordable car insurance rates are out there
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, delays in responding to claim requests, not issuing a premium refund or policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Affordable Kia Spectra insurance in Las Vegas is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Las Vegas, so you need to quote Las Vegas auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
More detailed car insurance information can be read in these articles:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Las Vegas Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Las Vegas Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Las Vegas Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)