Frustrated by the wide range of auto insurance choices in Las Vegas? Many other drivers are as well. There are such a vast assortment of choices available that it can be a lot of work to find the lowest price for Jeep Commander insurance in Las Vegas. If you’ve ever been there, you know that Las Vegas has lots to offer, but the high cost of auto insurance makes it difficult to affordably insure vehicles.
Steps to saving money on Jeep Commander insurance in Las Vegas
The best way we recommend to get affordable Jeep Commander insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Las Vegas. This can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as your driving record and a negative credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides additional ideas to help reduce premium rates and get bigger discounts.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Commander coverage is available in Las Vegas. If you can save money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you enter the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Unimaginable but true, a large majority of auto insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Las Vegas consumers could save $500 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Jeep Commander insurance in Las Vegas is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies participate in a system to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is provide information such as whether you drive to work or school, if you have an active license, what you do for a living, and if you lease or own. That rating information is instantly sent to multiple top-rated companies and you should receive rate quotes with very little delay.
To compare multiple company cheap Jeep Commander insurance rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The following companies provide price comparisons in Nevada. In order to find the best cheap auto insurance in Las Vegas, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Jeep in Las Vegas, insurance is mandatory in Nevada but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Commander has a lienholder, almost every bank will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Jeep for a lot more money and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also cover medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Commander are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Rates and statistics
The rate information below highlights a range of prices for Jeep Commander models. Understanding how rate quotes are determined can be of help when making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Commander Sport 2WD||$258||$454||$400||$24||$120||$1,256||$105|
|Commander Sport 4WD||$258||$534||$400||$24||$120||$1,336||$111|
|Commander Limited 2WD||$288||$534||$400||$24||$120||$1,366||$114|
|Commander Limited 4WD||$288||$534||$400||$24||$120||$1,366||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in your specific Las Vegas location which can influence prices considerably.
Impact of careless driving on Las Vegas insurance rates
The chart below shows how violations and accident claims increase Jeep Commander insurance prices for each age group. The prices are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Jeep Commander insurance discounts in Las Vegas
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may be missing some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best auto insurance rates when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking part in a defensive driver course may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
The chart below shows the comparison of Jeep Commander annual premium costs with and without discounts applied. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include business and professional, youthful driver, pay in full, alternative fuel, homeowner, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, youthful driver, renewal discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts for safe vehicle, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, multiple autos, and good student.
- GEICO may offer discounts for seat belt use, driver training, military active duty, five-year accident-free, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO has savings for anti-theft, safe driver, drive less, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for teen driver discount, good student, newly married, new graduate, multi-car, and multi-policy.
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Discounts might not apply in every state. To choose companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Las Vegas, click this link.
When do I need to have guidance from an insurance agent?
Many people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Las Vegas.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents in Las Vegas are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are appointed with more than one company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with small mutual carriers who may have lower rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent agents in Las Vegas that may be able to give free car insurance quotes.
- Invest America Insurance LLC
6190 W Charleston Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89146 – (702) 685-3888 – View Map
- Insurance Group of Nevada
US Bank Financial Center, 2300 West Sahara Avenue, Suite 800 – Las Vegas, NV 89102 – (702) 996-6434 – View Map
- Red Rock Insurance
1958 Village Center Cir #5 – Las Vegas, NV 89134 – (702) 733-0330 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are trained well in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Las Vegas exclusive insurance agents that can give you rate quotes.
- State Farm: Gregory A Moore
4312 W Charleston Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89102 – (702) 870-9298 – View Map
- Mike Whitford – State Farm Insurance Agent
6485 N Decatur Blvd #150 – Las Vegas, NV 89131 – (702) 463-2400 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Kenny Redelsperger
4045 Spencer St #114 – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 735-0926 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Las Vegas?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
Auto insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 15/30/10 which means a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Nevada state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be enough.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as a broken windshield, falling objects, hitting a deer and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Jeep Commander.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (15/30/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Commander resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter, crashing into a ditch and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Commander to bring the cost down.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses like nursing services, prosthetic devices and doctor visits. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Smart shoppers get results
As you prepare to switch companies, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can save on Jeep Commander insurance in Las Vegas. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company.
Cheap Jeep Commander insurance in Las Vegas can be found from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these smaller providers only sell through independent agents.
Steps to saving on Jeep Commander insurance in Las Vegas
The preferred way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Las Vegas is to regularly compare prices from insurers in Nevada. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
First, try to comprehend how car insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources.
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Las Vegas. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new agent or company. As soon as you can, keep the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from every company you can. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
More tips and info about car insurance is available at these sites:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)