If you want to save money, the best way to get low-cost Pontiac Solstice insurance is to compare prices once a year from companies who provide car insurance in Las Vegas. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Read about how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a bad credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover more information to help reduce premium rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Las Vegas. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Unimaginable but true, nearly 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in America could pocket approximately 46.5% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Las Vegas is much easier if you have a good place to start. In a nutshell, every car owner who comparison shops for auto insurance will probably get a lower-priced policy. Nevertheless, Nevada car owners must understand how companies determine what you pay and use this information to your advantage.
How to find cheap Pontiac Solstice insurance in Las Vegas, NV
Most companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO provide coverage prices direct online. Getting quotes for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Las Vegas is fairly straightforward as you just type in your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. After you submit the form the system makes automated requests for your driving record and credit report and returns pricing information based on many factors.
Using the web to get rate quotes for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Las Vegas makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s also necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get a lower rate.
If you want to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter your coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will have rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Nevada. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in Las Vegas, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance is not optional in Nevada
Even though Las Vegas Solstice insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Pontiac Solstice has a loan, almost all lenders will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Pontiac at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your Pontiac and your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Pontiac gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America overpays more than $800 each year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Many things are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although others are not as apparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven. When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that come into play when calculating insurance rates. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better insurance rates.
Driver age impacts premiums – Older insureds are more responsible, file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher.
Bad drivers pay high costs – Drivers who don’t get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one ticket can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers who have flagrant violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents lowers rates – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help prevent your car from being stolen.
Rate your vehicle for proper use – Driving a lot of miles in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Make sure your vehicle rating is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Solstice may be wasting your money.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you might find some hidden discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but a few must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Telematics Discount – Las Vegas drivers who agree to allow their company to look at their driving habits by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can save you money because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few companies give discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy Las Vegas auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Las Vegas auto insurance quote. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on insurance.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce your overall premium however.
To choose providers with discount insurance rates in Nevada, click here.
When choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
When should I have guidance from an agent?
Certain consumers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is you may find lower car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to companies in Las Vegas that can provide free Las Vegas auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to you. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
If you want to use a reputable agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Las Vegas can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well trained on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are Las Vegas exclusive agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- Tom Ferrier – State Farm Insurance Agent
7528 Westcliff Dr – Las Vegas, NV 89145 – (702) 255-7770 – View Map
- Tod Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
7450 W Cheyenne Ave #105 – Las Vegas, NV 89129 – (702) 367-4900 – View Map
- Chris Lopez – State Farm Insurance Agent
11700 W Charleston Blvd #175 – Las Vegas, NV 89135 – (702) 870-3663 – View Map
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you check rates from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to small regional insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Below are independent agencies in Las Vegas willing to provide price quotes.
- Balsiger Insurance
3481 E Sunset Rd #100 – Las Vegas, NV 89120 – (702) 220-8640 – View Map
- Insurance Specialists – Auto and Home Agency
5025 S Eastern Ave #20 – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 307-3398 – View Map
- Superior Insurance
2511 Stewart Ave – Las Vegas, NV 89101 – (702) 721-7575 – View Map
Best car insurance company in Las Vegas
Choosing a highly-rated company can be difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Nevada. The company ratings in the next section can help you decide which car insurance providers to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- The Hartford – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Be persistent to save money
We just showed you many tips how you can save on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Las Vegas. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Pontiac Solstice rate quotes. You may even find the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, high prices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
When getting Las Vegas auto insurance quotes online, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced full coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)