It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Insureds who get comparison quotes at least once a year are likely to buy a different policy because the odds are good of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey found that drivers who compared prices once a year saved about $3,400 over four years compared to those who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly Toyota Yaris insurance is your ultimate objective, knowing the best way to shop and compare coverages can save time, money, and frustration.
If you want to save money, the best way to find affordable car insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers in Las Vegas.
- First, spend some time learning about individual coverages and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for ideas to help prevent high rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources. Find a Las Vegas insurance agent
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Yaris insurance. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Best companies for Toyota Yaris insurance
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Las Vegas, NV. To find cheap auto insurance in Nevada, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Rate information and statistics
The information below highlights estimates of insurance premium costs for Toyota Yaris models. Having a good understanding how auto insurance policy rates are established can help drivers make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Yaris 2-Dr Hatchback||$202||$394||$356||$22||$106||$1,080||$90|
|Yaris 4-Dr Hatchback||$202||$394||$314||$18||$94||$1,022||$85|
|Yaris 4-Dr Sedan||$202||$394||$314||$18||$94||$1,022||$85|
|Yaris S 2-Dr Hatchback||$230||$394||$356||$22||$106||$1,108||$92|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Hatchback||$230||$394||$314||$18||$94||$1,050||$88|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Sedan||$230||$394||$314||$18||$94||$1,050||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific Las Vegas garaging location which can modify insurance rates noticeably.
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Toyota Yaris premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Impact of speeding/accidents on Las Vegas car insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents influence Toyota Yaris auto insurance costs for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Las Vegas
The example below compares Toyota Yaris yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Nevada. The premiums assume no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no specific rule that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Toyota Yaris replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $6,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $600 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every discount very well, so the below list has a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous car insurance savings.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for multiple cars with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Yaris is cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Good Student – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Sign Online – Certain companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Yaris insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Nevada state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- AAA has savings for multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good driver, pay-in-full, and multi-car.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple policy, good student, student away at school, accident-free, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Esurance may have discounts that include renters, good student, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, online quote, emergency road assistance, and Pac-12 alumni.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including easy pay, family plan, accident-free, good student, business or organization, and multi-policy.
When getting free Las Vegas car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not be offered in Las Vegas. For a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Las Vegas, click here to view.
It’s not one size fits all
When quoting and comparing the best car insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Comparing rates from local Las Vegas insurance agencies
Certain consumers prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! Professional agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is you may find cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Las Vegas.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to participating agents in Las Vegas who want to provide quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
If you would like to find local Las Vegas agents, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they function. Las Vegas agents are categorized either exclusive or independent. Either type can write policy coverage, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance rates, it’s recommended you get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. Many can place coverage with small mutual carriers that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Las Vegas who may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Omega Insurance Brokerage
3301 W Spring Mountain Rd – Las Vegas, NV 89102 – (702) 685-0170 – View Map
- Lanny Maren CIG Insurance Las Vegas
4175 S Riley St #200 – Las Vegas, NV 89147 – (702) 597-5998 – View Map
- Estrella Auto Insurance
2349 E Bonanza Rd – Las Vegas, NV 89101 – (702) 671-4081 – View Map
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. These agents are trained well on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Drivers often use the same agent mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are Las Vegas exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Chris Lopez – State Farm Insurance Agent
11700 W Charleston Blvd #175 – Las Vegas, NV 89135 – (702) 870-3663 – View Map
- Tod Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
7450 W Cheyenne Ave #105 – Las Vegas, NV 89129 – (702) 367-4900 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Nino Jimenez
3375 Glen Ave #10 – Las Vegas, NV 89121 – (702) 696-1606 – View Map
Picking an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Las Vegas?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Nevada?
- How long has their agency been in business in Las Vegas?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
After you get acceptable answers in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that can be trusted to properly service your insurance policy. Just remember you have the power to cancel your policy whenever you wish so don’t feel you are locked into any specific company for any length of time.
In the end, you can save money
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can compare Toyota Yaris insurance rates in Las Vegas. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Las Vegas car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest rates are with the least-expected company.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Auto Insurance for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Las Vegas Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)