Searching for better insurance prices for a new or used Porsche Boxster in Nevada could be difficult, but you can learn the following methods and make it easy.
There are both good and bad ways to find car insurance online so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to get price quotes on a Porsche and locate the best price possible either online or from Las Vegas insurance agents.
Companies offering Porsche Boxster insurance in Nevada
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Nevada. In order to find cheap car insurance in NV, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Auto insurance statistics and figures
The data table shown next showcases a range of insurance costs for Porsche Boxster models. Having knowledge of how insurance policy rates are calculated is important for drivers to make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Boxster 2-Dr Convertible||$258||$534||$276||$16||$82||$1,166||$97|
|Boxster S 2-Dr Convertible||$284||$604||$276||$16||$82||$1,262||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can modify premium rates considerably.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The example below illustrates the comparison of Porsche Boxster insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rate quotes are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no exact formula for excluding full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Porsche Boxster replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $800 a year for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Las Vegas insurance discounts for a Porsche Boxster
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there are discounts available that you may not even know about. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but some must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- New Car Discount – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a deployed family member could mean lower prices.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with cheaper rates.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% with a few car insurance companies.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Organization Discounts – Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your policy.
- Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will help lower your policy cost.
The chart below compares Porsche Boxster annual premium costs with and without discounts applied. Data assumes a female driver, no violations or claims, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- GEICO has discounts for membership and employees, air bags, good student, driver training, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and military active duty.
- USAA discounts include multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, vehicle storage, family discount, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- American Family offers discounts including Steer into Savings, good driver, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, and early bird.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including Pac-12 alumni, emergency road assistance, claim free, online quote, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for bundle discounts, mature driver, youthful driver, homeowner, distant student, switch companies, and good student.
- State Farm has savings for good driver, student away at school, good student, anti-theft, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Porsche Boxster rate quotes, ask each company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not be available in Las Vegas.
Las Vegas Insurance Premiums are Influenced by These Factors
Many factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Vehicle options can affect prices – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent vehicle theft.
Insure car and home with the same company – Lots of insurance companies apply discounts to insureds who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to get quotes from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
City dwellers may pay more – Having an address in less populated areas can save you money when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. Less people means less chance of accidents and a lower car theft rate.
Battle of the sexes – The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better drivers. They both cause accidents in similar numbers, but men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male teenagers have the highest risk to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
The information below compares Porsche Boxster insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Insurance loss statistics a Porsche Boxster – Car insurance companies use past insurance losses to help calculate premium prices. Models that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claims will have increased rates.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Porsche Boxster vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Porsche Boxster Convertible||135||47||121||31|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different and your insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Porsche Boxster is totaled?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Nevada?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance agents can help
Many people still like to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Las Vegas.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information gets sent to insurance agents in Las Vegas that can give you free Las Vegas car insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to contact any agents because prices are sent directly to you. In the event you want to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple types of agencies that you can choose from. Las Vegas agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s worth mentioning the subtle differences since it could factor into buying decisions.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company so they can write business through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing car insurance rates, it’s a good idea to get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
The following is a small list of independent agents in Las Vegas who can help you get comparison quotes.
- A Dependable Insurance Agency
7150 N Durango Dr #130 – Las Vegas, NV 89149 – (702) 880-9000 – View Map
- Omega Insurance Brokerage
3301 W Spring Mountain Rd – Las Vegas, NV 89102 – (702) 685-0170 – View Map
- AmeriSent Insurance
6070 S Eastern Ave #400 – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 456-1400 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. They receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
The following are exclusive agencies in Las Vegas that can give you price quote information.
- Chris Lopez – State Farm Insurance Agent
11700 W Charleston Blvd #175 – Las Vegas, NV 89135 – (702) 870-3663 – View Map
- Ron Reedom – State Farm Insurance Agent
1943 N Nellis Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89115 – (702) 459-9546 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Nino Jimenez
3375 Glen Ave #10 – Las Vegas, NV 89121 – (702) 696-1606 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How are they compensated?
- How many companies do they write for?
- How long have they been in business?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
Auto insurance company ratings
Picking the best car insurance provider is difficult considering how many choices there are in Nevada. The ranking data below can help you pick which auto insurance companies you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
One last thing to lower rates
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to get a better price on Porsche Boxster insurance in Las Vegas. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding low cost Las Vegas car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best car insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Lower-priced Porsche Boxster insurance in Las Vegas is attainable on the web and from local agencies, so you need to shop Las Vegas car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agents.
Steps to buying low-cost Porsche Boxster insurance in Las Vegas
The most effective way to find cheaper Porsche Boxster insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Las Vegas.
- Read about how insurance works and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as distracted driving and a not-so-good credit history can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Find a Las Vegas insurance agent
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Las Vegas. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new coverage. Don’t forget to safely store the proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Las Vegas Auto Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Las Vegas Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)