If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find low-cost car insurance rates in Las Vegas is to compare quotes annually from companies in Nevada.
- Step 1: Try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like accidents, traffic violations, and an unacceptable credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Las Vegas. If you find a lower rate quote, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new policy. Make sure you keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Statistics show that almost 70% of insureds have purchased from the same company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. With the average car insurance premium being $1,600, Las Vegas drivers could save an average of as much as $550 each year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Las Vegas is really not that difficult. If you have coverage now, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas covered in this article. Smart shoppers just need to understand the quickest method to shop over the internet.
Eight Tips to Get Cheap Las Vegas Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
Shown below are some of the things companies use to determine premiums.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The performance of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a big difference in determining your rates. The cheapest rates will normally be found when insuring economy passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The following data uses these variables: single female driver age 50, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Chevrolet Silverado insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different performances.
- Low mileage costs less – The more you drive each year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure than those used for commuting. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance coverage shows the correct driver usage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Silverado is just wasting money.
- Where you call home is a factor – Choosing to live in a rural area may provide you with better prices when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers in populated Nevada areas tend to have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Gender as a rate factor – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes have fender benders in similar numbers, but men have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 tend to get in the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
The chart below shows the difference between Chevy Silverado annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Theft deterrents save – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
Accidents can be expensive – Your driving citation history can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Even a single speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with severe violations such as reckless driving or DUI are required to file a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive.
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents increase Chevy Silverado yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Always have auto insurance – Driving without insurance is not a good idea and companies may charge more for letting your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may have to file a SR-22 with the Nevada DMV.
- Your vocation is a factor – Jobs like fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and dentists generally have higher premium rates due to intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, jobs like scientists, students and retirees pay the least.
Chevy Silverado statistical loss data – Auto insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that have higher loss trends will cost more for specific coverages. The data below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Silverado vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Chevrolet Silverado Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2WD 76 118 85 78 69 125 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD 60 76 72 54 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 2WD 89 103 131 77 70 94 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4WD 96 105 116 57 57 87 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 2WD 90 126 100 88 85 117 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4WD 84 98 89 60 60 88 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 2WD 60 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4WD 66 97 66 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 2WD 76 127 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4WD 88 114 97 45 42 82 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 2WD 80 54 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 4WD 79 105 83 37 43 75 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4WD 65 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4WD 98 127 108 54 39 76 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Ext Cab 4WD 129 127BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Getting cheap car insurance pricing is a great way to save money. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes to get quotes online with multiple companies.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Nevada, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Analysis of coverages
The information displayed next outlines a range of insurance policy prices for Chevy Silverado models. Learning how insurance prices are calculated helps drivers make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$198||$386||$394||$24||$118||$1,120||$93|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$198||$386||$348||$20||$104||$1,056||$88|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$228||$470||$394||$24||$118||$1,234||$103|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$228||$470||$394||$24||$118||$1,234||$103|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$228||$470||$348||$20||$104||$1,170||$98|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$228||$470||$348||$20||$104||$1,170||$98|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$228||$470||$394||$24||$118||$1,234||$103|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$228||$470||$394||$24||$118||$1,234||$103|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$258||$554||$348||$20||$104||$1,284||$107|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$258||$554||$394||$24||$118||$1,348||$112|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$258||$554||$348||$20||$104||$1,284||$107|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$258||$554||$394||$24||$118||$1,348||$112|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$258||$554||$394||$24||$118||$1,348||$112|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$258||$554||$348||$20||$104||$1,284||$107|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$258||$554||$394||$24||$118||$1,348||$112|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$258||$554||$348||$20||$104||$1,284||$107|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$258||$636||$348||$20||$104||$1,366||$114|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$286||$636||$348||$20||$104||$1,394||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase insurance rates substantially.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The information below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Silverado car insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The prices are based on no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive formula of when to phase out full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy Silverado replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $800 annually for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not remove full coverage.
Buying the right Chevy Silverado insurance in Nevada is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Silverado in Las Vegas, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in Nevada is overpaying more than $820 a year so you should quote rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Don’t neglect these money saving discounts
Some insurers don’t list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts that may be available. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Senior Discount – Seniors may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with some auto insurance companies.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts as opposed to bad drivers.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
The information below illustrates the difference between Chevy Silverado annual premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The information is based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including youthful driver, pay in full, teen driver, multi-car, business and professional, and switch companies.
- Esurance may offer discounts for good student, claim free, online quote, multi-car, multi-policy, online shopper, and defensive driver.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, safe vehicle, good driver, multiple autos, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers discounts including five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, federal employee, and anti-theft.
- Allstate has savings for FullPay discount, good student, defensive driver, senior citizen, and passive restraint.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Las Vegas. To choose companies who offer cheap Chevy Silverado insurance quotes in Las Vegas, click this link.
Insurance agents are professional risk managers
Many drivers still like to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to participating agents in Las Vegas who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you wish to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Nevada?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
Shown below are agents in Las Vegas who can help you get rate quotes for Chevy Silverado insurance in Las Vegas.
- Superior Insurance
2511 Stewart Ave – Las Vegas, NV 89101 – (702) 721-7575 – View Map
- Jason Paszek – State Farm Insurance Agent
4250 E Bonanza Rd #16 – Las Vegas, NV 89110 – (702) 453-9500 – View Map
- Gary Gibson – State Farm Insurance Agent
Ste B3, 3220 S Durango Dr – Las Vegas, NV 89117 – (702) 901-8787 – View Map
- Insurance Specialists – Auto and Home Agency
5025 S Eastern Ave #20 – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 307-3398 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting good feedback to your questions and affordable Chevrolet Silverado insurance rates in Las Vegas quotes, you may have found an insurer that is a good match to provide car insurance coverage.
Which is the best auto insurance?
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy for your personal vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- What is PIP insurance?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Nevada?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Find cheaper auto insurance rates by comparing often
When you buy Las Vegas car insurance online, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an insured dropped liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
Budget-conscious Chevy Silverado insurance can be sourced both online in addition to many Las Vegas insurance agents, so you need to quote Las Vegas car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some auto insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located by following these links:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Las Vegas Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Las Vegas Auto Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)