A recent insurance study discovered that the vast majority of consumers in Nevada renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could cut their rates by 47% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t want to take the time to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
The easiest way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in Las Vegas is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers in Nevada. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Try to comprehend how insurance works and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic violations and poor credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application for the new policy. Be sure to put the certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. This provides a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or just want cheaper rates, use these cost-cutting techniques to save money while maximizing coverage. Quoting and buying more affordable policy in Las Vegas is not as time-consuming as you think. Smart buyers just have to know the most time-saving way to compare company rates online.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Premiums
Many factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but others are less apparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven. It’s important that you understand some of the things that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you big savings.
Pay more if you have a long commute – Living in less populated areas can save you money when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers who live in large Nevada cities regularly have more auto accidents and longer commute times. More time on the road can result in more accidents.
Eliminate unneeded incidental coverages – There are a lot of add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t careful. Things like replacement cost coverage, accidental death, and membership fees are some examples. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but if they’re wasting money remove them and pocket the money.
Bad credit hurts insurance premiums – Having a bad credit rating can be an important factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Saab 9-7X by improving your rating. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than those with worse credit.
Driver age impacts rates – Older people have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
Deter vehicle theft – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent vehicle theft.
Married drivers get cheaper costs – Walking down the aisle may cut your premiums when shopping for auto insurance. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more responsible and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Pay more by driving carelessly – Just one citation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have gotten careless tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
Too many policy claims and you’ll pay more – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in Nevada generally give better rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
These discounts can cut Saab 9-7X insurance rates
Some insurers don’t always advertise every possible discount very well, so the list below contains some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring more than one vehicle on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Las Vegas car insurance quote.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get reduced rates.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your premiums.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer these benefits possibly include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in every state.
Persistent drivers can save
We just covered a lot of information how to get a better price on Saab 9-7X insurance in Las Vegas. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a small mutual company.
Lower-priced Saab 9-7X insurance in Las Vegas is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents in Las Vegas, so you need to quote Las Vegas car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
When shopping online for auto insurance, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)