If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find discount GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance is to compare prices once a year from providers who can sell car insurance in Las Vegas.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many factors that increase rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a low credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new carrier. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to analyze all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy will most likely switch to a new company because they have a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey discovered that consumers who shopped around saved as much as $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance in Las Vegas is why you’re reading this, learning the best ways to shop for insurance premiums can help make the process easier.
Best companies for affordable GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Nevada
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance coverage information
The table displayed below highlights different insurance coverage prices for GMC Sierra 3500HD models. Having insight into how insurance policy rates are formulated can help you make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$286||$554||$324||$20||$96||$1,280||$107|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$286||$636||$404||$24||$122||$1,472||$123|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$286||$554||$324||$20||$96||$1,280||$107|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Extended Cab 2WD||$286||$554||$324||$20||$96||$1,280||$107|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$286||$636||$404||$24||$122||$1,472||$123|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$286||$636||$404||$24||$122||$1,472||$123|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$286||$554||$324||$20||$96||$1,280||$107|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$286||$636||$404||$24||$122||$1,472||$123|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$286||$636||$404||$24||$122||$1,472||$123|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$316||$636||$324||$20||$96||$1,392||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Information does not factor in garaging location in Las Vegas which can increase or decrease insurance rates noticeably.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and fender-benders drive up GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance prices for different insured age categories. The data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Does full coverage make sense?
The chart below shows the comparison of GMC Sierra 3500HD car insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The prices are based on no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no clear-cut rule to exclude full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your GMC Sierra 3500HD claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying over $700 a year for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Affordable GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance quotes in Las Vegas
Auto insurance is expensive, but there could be significant discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable their auto insurance company to look at when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower auto insurance rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
The information below illustrates the difference between GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Nevada state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts include:
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, membership and employees, seat belt use, daytime running lights, military active duty, and air bags.
- Travelers may include discounts for save driver, IntelliDrive, multi-car, payment discounts, hybrid/electric vehicle, new car, and driver training.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, good student, safe driver, driver training, multi-policy, and renewal discount.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new graduate, multi-policy, newly retired, preferred payment discount, safety features, and newly married.
- American Family has savings for defensive driver, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, good driver, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, online signing, good student, online quote discount, and homeowner.
Check with every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in Las Vegas. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer discounts in Las Vegas, click this link.
What Determines GMC Sierra 3500HD Insurance Rates?
Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could result in cheaper rates.
- Single drivers may have higher costs – Your spouse may cut your premiums when buying insurance. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and it’s proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Filing insurance claims can cost more – If you are a frequent claim filer, you should expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Nevada provide discounts to people who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- How much liability – Liability coverage will protect you when you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Your gender affects prices – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women are in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
The illustration below compares GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Remove unneeded incidental coverages – There are a ton of add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t careful. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
- What are your coverage deductibles? – Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your GMC. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a dented fender, flood damage, and burglary. The deductibles you choose define the amount you are required to spend before your insurance pays a claim. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The make and model of the car you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your rates. The lowest premiums will generally be found on lower cost passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The chart below assumes a married female driver age 50, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares GMC Sierra 3500HD car insurance rates compared to other models that have a range of performances.
- Where you reside – Choosing to live in less populated areas can be a good thing when buying insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims. City drivers have to deal with much more traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Spending more time driving means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Auto insurance agents near you
Many drivers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower prices and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is still important in Las Vegas.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Las Vegas that can provide free Las Vegas car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent because prices are sent directly to your email. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Different types of car insurance agents in Las Vegas
When searching for a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agencies in Las Vegas are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, it’s a good idea to contact several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below are Las Vegas independent insurance agencies that may be able to give you free car insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Las Vegas that are able to give comparison quotes.
Marivic Macabasco – State Farm Insurance Agent
1096 E Sahara Ave #207 – Las Vegas, NV 89104 – (702) 892-9908 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
What is the best auto insurance company in Nevada?
Picking a high-quality insurer is difficult considering how many choices you have in Las Vegas. The company information in the lists below could help you decide which car insurance companies you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Quote more to save more
When getting Las Vegas car insurance quotes online, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More affordable car insurance in Las Vegas is possible from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies may not provide online quoting and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just presented some good ideas how to reduce GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance rates online in Las Vegas. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Las Vegas car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Las Vegas car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
More information is located at the links below
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Las Vegas Car Insurance Rates for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Las Vegas Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)