It’s hard to believe, but nearly 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Many drivers in Nevada could pocket up to 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don’t grasp the benefits if they changed companies.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Las Vegas is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies that sell auto insurance in Nevada. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like speeding and your credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Las Vegas. If you can save money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to the new company. As soon as you can, place your new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is to use similar coverage information on each quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and the best price selection.
Best companies for affordable Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Nevada
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If you want to find the best auto insurance in NV, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Data for Dodge Ram 3500 insurance
The premium table shown below showcases detailed analysis of insurance rates for Dodge Ram 3500 models. Learning more about how insurance prices are established is important for making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$184||$310||$416||$24||$124||$1,058||$88|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$226||$366||$416||$24||$124||$1,156||$96|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$226||$422||$624||$36||$186||$1,494||$125|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$226||$422||$416||$24||$124||$1,212||$101|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$226||$422||$416||$24||$124||$1,212||$101|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$226||$476||$624||$36||$186||$1,548||$129|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$226||$476||$624||$36||$186||$1,548||$129|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$226||$476||$624||$36||$186||$1,548||$129|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$226||$422||$416||$24||$124||$1,212||$101|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$226||$422||$416||$24||$124||$1,212||$101|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$226||$476||$624||$36||$186||$1,548||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can modify rates greatly.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Dodge Ram 3500 premium costs for different ages of insureds. The rates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Dodge Ram 3500 insurance premiums by gender
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram 3500 auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Score discounts on Las Vegas auto insurance
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but a few need to be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used Ram 3500 can get you a discount since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies will give a small break for buying your policy on the internet.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The example below shows the difference between Dodge Ram 3500 insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, federal employee, good student, five-year accident-free, and driver training.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safety rewards, drive less, homeowner, accident prevention training, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and student away at school.
- MetLife offers discounts including defensive driver, accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, and good student.
- 21st Century may include discounts for driver training, student driver, teen driver, theft prevention, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and good student.
When quoting, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Savings may not apply to policies everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer free Dodge Ram 3500 insurance quotes in Las Vegas, follow this link.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different and your insurance should be unique as well. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Dodge Ram 3500?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- When can I cancel my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
Many people would prefer to sit down with an agent. Professional insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local agencies is important particularly in Las Vegas.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Las Vegas auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your house because prices are sent instantly to you. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Las Vegas for you
If you’re trying to find a good Las Vegas insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agencies may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand why they differ since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agents in Las Vegas that may be able to give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
Insurance Specialists – Auto and Home Agency
5025 S Eastern Ave #20 – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 307-3398 – View Map
Leavitt Group – Leavitt Insurance Agency
7881 W Charleston Blvd #140 – Las Vegas, NV 89117 – (702) 382-4010 – View Map
7785 N Durango Dr – Las Vegas, NV 89131 – (702) 648-9689 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Las Vegas who can help you get rate quotes.
Jody Evans – State Farm Insurance Agent
8450 W Sahara Ave #111 – Las Vegas, NV 89117 – (702) 251-9760 – View Map
Kate Lowe – State Farm Insurance Agent
10198 W Flamingo Rd #130 – Las Vegas, NV 89147 – (702) 363-4500 – View Map
Tom Ferrier – State Farm Insurance Agent
7528 Westcliff Dr – Las Vegas, NV 89145 – (702) 255-7770 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
Find affordable rates by being thorough
Discount Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Las Vegas can be purchased both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Las Vegas auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not have online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agencies.
When getting Las Vegas auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
You just learned some good ideas how to find cheap Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Las Vegas. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company. Smaller companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found in the articles below:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)