Having to pay for high-priced car insurance in Las Vegas can dry up your budget and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits.
Astonishing but true, almost 70% of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. The average driver in Las Vegas could save an average of approximately $550 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy. Consumers have multiple car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, more options can take longer to get the best deal for Volvo C30 insurance in Las Vegas.
It’s a good idea to compare premium rates periodically because car insurance rates change regularly. Even if you think you had the best deal on Volvo C30 insurance in Las Vegas on your last policy you may be paying too much now. You’ll find a ton of advice on C30 insurance on the internet, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some excellent ideas to lower your car insurance premiums.
Getting quotes for the most affordable policy in Las Vegas is simple if you know the tricks. If you already have coverage or just want to reduce your rates, you can use this information to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of how to find the lowest price online.
Cheaper rates with these ten discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow their company to analyze where and when they drive remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Las Vegas auto insurance quote.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member may lower your car insurance rates slightly.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get reduced rates.
- E-sign Discounts – Some companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing online.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Membership in Organizations – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Las Vegas can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
The information below shows the difference between Volvo C30 insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The rates are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies that may include most of these discounts include:
If you want affordable Las Vegas auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in Las Vegas. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers with the best discounts in Las Vegas, click this link.
Buy Las Vegas Volvo C30 insurance online
Lowering your auto insurance rates is not rocket science. You just need to take a few minutes comparing free Las Vegas auto insurance quotes from some recommended companies.
It’s so fast and easy to compare rate quotes online that it makes it obsolete to make phone calls or go to different Las Vegas agent offices. Quoting Volvo C30 insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you prefer the advice and guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. Drivers can price shop online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in Nevada. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in Nevada, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
The coverage information shown below covers different insurance prices for Volvo C30 models. Having knowledge of how insurance quotes are figured can aid in making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C30 T5 R-Design||$342||$564||$404||$24||$120||$1,454||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in specific location which can influence auto insurance rates noticeably.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Volvo C30 insurance prices for each different age category. The prices are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Reckless driving habits raise Las Vegas auto insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and accidents can influence Volvo C30 car insurance rates for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance rates based on gender
The chart below compares Volvo C30 insurance prices for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The example below shows the difference between Volvo C30 car insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no exact rule for excluding full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Volvo C30 replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $700 a year to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and also buy local. And supporting local agents is important particularly in Las Vegas.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You won’t need to do any legwork because prices are sent to you. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Insurance agent types
When searching for local Las Vegas agents, you should know the different types of agents to choose from. Insurance agencies in Las Vegas can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s good to learn the differences because it can impact the selection process.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage through many different car insurance companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing car insurance prices, you absolutely need to include at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Featured below are Las Vegas independent agents that can possibly get you cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below are Las Vegas exclusive insurance agents that are able to give price quote information.
Choosing an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Las Vegas?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Nevada?
Auto insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, paying for auto insurance is required in Nevada but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Volvo, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volvo at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Las Vegas is overpaying more than $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Car insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills like funeral costs, X-ray expenses and doctor visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Volvo C30.
Due to the fact that many Nevada drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 15/30/10 which means a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things such as pain and suffering, bail bonds and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford. Nevada requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/10 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
This will pay to fix damage to your C30 caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things like scraping a guard rail, crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your C30 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer, a broken windshield, theft and rock chips in glass. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Persistent drivers can save
Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agencies. Low-cost Volvo C30 insurance in Las Vegas is attainable on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
You just learned a lot of ways to lower your Volvo C30 insurance premium rates in Las Vegas. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a small local company. Some small companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
How to find the cheapest rates for Volvo C30 insurance in Las Vegas
Really, the only way to find the cheapest price for Volvo C30 insurance in Las Vegas is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers who provide auto insurance in Nevada. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a low credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important note is to compare similar coverage information on each quote request and and to compare as many companies as you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Malibu in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Las Vegas Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Las Vegas Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- How Much is Las Vegas Auto Insurance for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)