How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for cheaper Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Las Vegas? Searching for the cheapest insurance for a new or used Ford C-Max Energi in Nevada can normally be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to find lower rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to find car insurance online so we’re going to tell you the proper way to price shop coverage for a new or used Ford and locate the lowest possible price.
Consumers should take time to price shop coverage before your policy renews because prices change regularly. Even if you got the best price on Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Las Vegas two years ago a different company probably has better rates today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to use online quotes to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Las Vegas.
Locating the best rates in Las Vegas is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you’re already insured or are just looking to switch companies, take advantage of these tips to save money without sacrificing coverage. Consumers just have to use the most time-saving way to compare rates on the web.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Nevada. To get cheap auto insurance in Las Vegas, NV, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Discounts can help lower rates on Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Las Vegas
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on insurance.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower insurance rates.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with cheaper premium rates.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive shop Las Vegas auto insurance over the internet.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings when getting a Las Vegas auto insurance quote.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Some of the insurance companies that may have these discounts include:
If you want low cost Las Vegas auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Las Vegas. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Nevada, click here.
Auto insurance quotes from local Las Vegas insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find better rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Which family members are covered?
- How long has their agency been open in Las Vegas?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
If you need to find a local Las Vegas insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agents can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Las Vegas who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Tod Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
7450 W Cheyenne Ave #105 – Las Vegas, NV 89129 – (702) 367-4900 – View Map
- Marivic Macabasco – State Farm Insurance Agent
1096 E Sahara Ave #207 – Las Vegas, NV 89104 – (702) 892-9908 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Sergio A Chavez
4676 W Charleston Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89102 – (702) 462-9100 – View Map
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured. When comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many write coverage with lesser-known insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Las Vegas willing to provide price quotes.
- Alliance Insurance Agency
1955 E Tropicana Ave h – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 518-6727 – View Map
- Balsiger Insurance
3481 E Sunset Rd #100 – Las Vegas, NV 89120 – (702) 220-8640 – View Map
- Estrella Auto Insurance
2349 E Bonanza Rd – Las Vegas, NV 89101 – (702) 671-4081 – View Map
Don’t assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you and your policy should reflect that.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Ford C-Max Energi?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- What is PIP insurance?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
The Ford C-Max Energi Insurance Rate Equation
Many factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although others are more obscure like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
Keep the miles off and save – Driving a lot of miles annually the more you will pay for car insurance. Most insurance companies apply a rate based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having the wrong rating on your C-Max Energi can result in significantly higher rates. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance policy is rated on the proper vehicle usage.
Your career may increase rates – Occupational choices like military personnel, police officers, and medical professionals have higher average rates because of high stress and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, careers such as actors, athletes and performers pay lower than average rates.
Don’t get traffic citations – Whether or not you get tickets has a huge affect on how much you pay. Even a single citation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers with multiple violations like DUI or reckless driving may need to complete a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
High comp and collision deductibles reduce premiums – Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your Ford. Examples of covered claims could be running into the backend of another car, hail damage, and having your car stolen. The deductibles you choose represent how much money you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
A coverage lapse is a bad thing – Driving without insurance is a misdemeanor and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.
Save money by staying claim free – If you frequently file small claims, don’t be surprised to see higher rates. Insurance companies in Nevada provide the lowest premiums to insureds who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Nevada
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Las Vegas, buying car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Ford for a lot more money and make you pay the higher price.
- Car insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Nevada overpays as much as $820 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
Cost effective Ford C-Max Energi insurance can be bought online in addition to many Las Vegas insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not provide online quoting and many times these smaller providers work with independent agents.
We covered many ideas to shop for Ford C-Max Energi insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from the least-expected company. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Steps to buying discount Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Las Vegas
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to save on Ford C-Max Energi insurance is to compare prices annually from companies who sell insurance in Las Vegas.
- First, get an understanding of coverages and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Las Vegas. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new coverage. Be sure to safely store the certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
A key point to remember is that you use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
More information can be found below:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- How Much are Las Vegas Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)