It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get low-cost Dodge Stratus insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers in Las Vegas. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Try to understand what is in your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic violations and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Las Vegas. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. This enables a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who perform rate comparisons will, in all likelihood, switch insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey revealed that consumers who compared prices regularly saved as much as $865 annually as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest price for Dodge Stratus insurance in Las Vegas is your intention, understanding the best ways to shop for insurance coverage can make it easier for you to save money.
The goal of this article is to introduce you to how auto insurance companies operate and some money-saving tips. If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to find better prices using the ideas you’re about to read. But Nevada consumers should learn how companies determine what you pay and use it to find better rates.
Companies offering low-cost Dodge Stratus rate quotes in Las Vegas, NV
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Las Vegas, NV. If you want to find the best auto insurance in NV, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Affordable Las Vegas auto insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount available very well, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best auto insurance rates in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable their auto insurance company to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a slight reduction on a Las Vegas car insurance quote.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Driver Safety – Taking a course teaching safe driver skills could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide are:
- GEICO has discounts for anti-theft, driver training, emergency military deployment, military active duty, and seat belt use.
- Travelers has savings for save driver, good student, home ownership, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-policy, and student away at school.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for youthful driver, safe driver, multi-policy, driver training, good student, and renewal discount.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including newly retired, new move discount, hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, exclusive group savings, and newly married.
- American Family offers premium reductions for TimeAway discount, air bags, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, good student, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, online signing, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Savings might not be offered in your state.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other factors are more transparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that are used to determine your insurance rates. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that may result in big savings.
- Alarms and GPS tracking systems cut prices – Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- How credit rating affects insurance prices – Having a good credit score will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Dodge Stratus by repairing your credit.
- The type of car makes a difference – The type of car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. The lowest performance passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Cautious drivers pay the best rates – Your driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Getting just one ticket could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Attentive drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get serious tickets such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Liability coverage risk factors – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage will protect you when you are found liable for an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
When quoting and choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions might point out if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- What happens if I owe more than my Dodge Stratus is worth?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Car insurance quotes from neighborhood Las Vegas auto insurance agents
A small number of people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and often times that is recommended One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Las Vegas.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Las Vegas who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to you. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they work. Car insurance policy providers are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies often have many company appointments so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When searching for an agent, you should always include price quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below are Las Vegas independent agencies who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Las Vegas who can help you get price quote information.
Finding the right insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Las Vegas?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How long has their agency been in business in Las Vegas?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
Shop around and save
Affordable Dodge Stratus insurance in Las Vegas is definitely available online and from local insurance agents, so get free Las Vegas car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not offer rate quotes online and usually these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on Dodge Stratus insurance in Las Vegas. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Las Vegas car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Las Vegas car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent, questionable increases in premium and even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company can be pretty painless.
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)