Inconceivable but true, most insurance customers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Las Vegas can save almost 35% each year, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The best way we recommend to find lower priced auto insurance rates in Las Vegas is to compare quotes annually from different companies in Nevada. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Try to understand coverages and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic violations and an unacceptable credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for the details to help keep rates affordable and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper SS coverage is available. If you can save money and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important note is to use the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Get cheaper Chevy SS insurance in Las Vegas with discounts
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be asked for before being credited.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few insurance companies.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but companies like State Farm and GEICO will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with multiple cars with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
To choose companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Nevada, follow this link.
Finding Chevy SS insurance in Las Vegas
When looking for affordable Chevrolet SS insurance quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing rate quotes from different Las Vegas insurance companies. The best method to find the lowest Chevy SS rates is to get quotes online.
Keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates helps locate a lower rate.
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in Las Vegas
Many different elements are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are not quite as obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating. Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find cheaper rates.
Insurance rates for married couples – Being married can get you a discount on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Credit history impact car insurance rates – Your credit history is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chevrolet SS by repairing your credit. Drivers who have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower ratings.
Responsible drivers pay less – Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Getting just one chargeable violation can bump up the cost substantially. Drivers who have severe violations such as DUI or reckless driving are required to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
What type of car do you drive? – The performance of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. Small economy passenger models normally have pretty low rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Your location is important – Having an address in a rural area is a good thing when buying car insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates. City drivers regularly have traffic congestion and longer commute times. Longer commute distances means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Stay claim-free and save money – Car insurance companies in Nevada provide the best rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended for the large, substantial claims.
High physical damage deductibles equal low rates – Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be rear-ending another vehicle, damage from fire, or theft of your vehicle. The more the insured is willing to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are many additional extra coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
Chevy SS claim data – Insurance companies factor in historical loss data to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Models that tend to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have a higher premium rate. The data below shows the collected loss data for Chevy SS vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to talk to an agent
Many drivers would rather go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Las Vegas who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best provider should depend on more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Nevada?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Las Vegas?
When narrowing the list to find a good Las Vegas insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents write business for a single company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. They are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Las Vegas who can help you get price quote information.
- Tim Powers – State Farm Insurance Agent
2920 S Rainbow Blvd #100 – Las Vegas, NV 89146 – (702) 871-8338 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Yukin Kwan
4001 S Decatur Blvd Ste 4 – Las Vegas, NV 89103 – (702) 530-8822 – View Map
- State Farm: Eric James
1350 E Flamingo Rd #14 – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 836-0953 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you contact several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with companies you’ve never heard of that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Las Vegas willing to provide rate quotes.
- Red Rock Insurance
1958 Village Center Cir #5 – Las Vegas, NV 89134 – (702) 733-0330 – View Map
- Desert Shores Insurance Services
3211 N Tenaya Way #115 – Las Vegas, NV 89129 – (702) 363-8040 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: The Delbrocco Agency
5150 Spring Mountain, Unit 11 – Las Vegas, NV 89146 – (702) 730-0009 – View Map
After getting good answers to your questions as well as a affordable price, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can insure your vehicles. Just be aware that once you purchase a policy you can terminate coverage whenever you wish so don’t feel you are locked into the car insurance policy with no way out.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Las Vegas, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a lienholder, almost every bank will require you to carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Car insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $750 every year so shop around at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheap coverage is out there
Cheaper insurance in Las Vegas is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many Las Vegas insurance agents, so you need to shop Las Vegas auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and these regional carriers sell through local independent agencies.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to find lower-cost Chevy SS insurance in Las Vegas. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Las Vegas auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies.
As you quote Las Vegas auto insurance, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Las Vegas Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)