Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. People who get price quotes annually are very likely to switch companies because there is a good probability of finding discount prices. A recent survey discovered that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved an average of $860 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the best price on car insurance in Las Vegas is the reason you’re here, then having a grasp of how to compare insurance premiums can save money and time.
It takes a little time, but the best way to save on auto insurance rates in Las Vegas is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who sell auto insurance in Nevada. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like traffic violations and poor credit can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover more details to prevent expensive rate increases and earn larger discounts.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Captiva Sport coverage is available in Las Vegas. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of this process is to compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
How much is Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Las Vegas, Nevada?
Keep in mind that quoting more will enable you to find better pricing.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If you wish to find the cheapest car insurance in Las Vegas, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, paying for insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your Chevy and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your Chevy gets damaged, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so you should quote and compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be available discounts that may help make it more affordable. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring several vehicles with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new Captiva Sport can get you a discount because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Las Vegas is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- State Farm has savings for student away at school, good student, multiple autos, good driver, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and accident-free.
- American Family has discounts for good student, early bird, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- GEICO offers discounts including federal employee, defensive driver, membership and employees, air bags, seat belt use, and daytime running lights.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for teen driver, good student, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, and theft prevention.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply everywhere. To view insurance companies that offer discounts in Nevada, click here to view.
When to talk to a local insurance agent
Many people just prefer to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper premium rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork because prices are sent directly to you. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
When researching an insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies to choose from. Agencies in Las Vegas are categorized either independent or exclusive.
These type of agents work for only one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive agents in Las Vegas that can give you comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Nino Jimenez
3375 Glen Ave #10 – Las Vegas, NV 89121 – (702) 696-1606 – View Map
- Juan Diaz – State Farm Insurance Agent
1718 S Eastern Ave – Las Vegas, NV 89104 – (702) 489-4242 – View Map
- Ron Reedom – State Farm Insurance Agent
1943 N Nellis Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89115 – (702) 459-9546 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not employed by one company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, it’s recommended you include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most can insure with companies that do not advertise much which may have better rates.
Below are Las Vegas independent insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
- Omega Insurance Brokerage
3301 W Spring Mountain Rd – Las Vegas, NV 89102 – (702) 685-0170 – View Map
- Desert Shores Insurance Services
3211 N Tenaya Way #115 – Las Vegas, NV 89129 – (702) 363-8040 – View Map
- All Nevada Insurance
9440 W Sahara Ave #210 – Las Vegas, NV 89117 – (702) 873-4889 – View Map
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like policy non-renewal, poor customer service, questionable increases in premium and even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company is easier than you think.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Las Vegas. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Las Vegas auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company.
When searching for affordable Chevrolet Captiva Sport insurance quotes, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut full coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Auto Insurance for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)