If you want to save the most money, the best way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers in Las Vegas.
- Try to comprehend how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as distracted driving and a poor credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new insurer. As soon as you have the new policy, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
A tip to remember is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get prices from every company you can. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s hard to fathom, but the vast majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Most drivers in Nevada can save 35% each year by just shopping around, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rate quotes online.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates in your area is to know most insurance companies provide online access to give you rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide a little information like your general credit rating, if a SR-22 is required, the type of vehicles you drive, and driver details. The rating information gets transmitted to multiple companies and they provide comparison quotes instantly.
To find lower affordable Ford Fiesta insurance rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Las Vegas.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Nevada. If you wish to find cheaper auto insurance in Las Vegas, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Get lower-cost rates by earning these seven discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 get Las Vegas auto insurance over the internet.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Las Vegas may trigger a policy discount on insurance because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used Fiesta may earn a small discount because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your next insurance statement.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
The best insurance companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple autos, anti-theft, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for multi-car, mature driver, good student, electronic funds transfer, and homeowner.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts including military active duty, membership and employees, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for paperless, anti-theft, multi-policy, multiple vehicles, air bags, company car, and safe vehicle.
- The Hartford may include discounts for driver training, anti-theft, good student, air bag, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, and bundle.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include safe driver, multi-policy, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including vehicle storage, annual mileage, multi-vehicle, safe driver, multi-policy, loyalty savings, and defensive driver.
When getting free Las Vegas auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Las Vegas.
Compare prices but buy from a neighborhood Las Vegas auto insurance agent
Some consumers prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Las Vegas.
Upon completion of this quick form, your information is transmitted to participating agents in Las Vegas who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home because prices are sent to you. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, just visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
When searching for a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures to choose from. Car insurance agents are classified as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to compare prices from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection.
Shown below are Las Vegas independent insurance agencies that may be able to provide rate quotes.
Leavitt Group – Leavitt Insurance Agency
7881 W Charleston Blvd #140 – Las Vegas, NV 89117 – (702) 382-4010 – View Map
Red Rock Insurance
1958 Village Center Cir #5 – Las Vegas, NV 89134 – (702) 733-0330 – View Map
Insurance Specialists – Auto and Home Agency
5025 S Eastern Ave #20 – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 307-3398 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Las Vegas that can give you rate quotes.
Mario Giannini – State Farm Insurance Agent
9484 W Lake Mead Blvd #7 – Las Vegas, NV 89134 – (702) 982-3300 – View Map
State Farm: Eric James
1350 E Flamingo Rd #14 – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 836-0953 – View Map
Ron Reedom – State Farm Insurance Agent
1943 N Nellis Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89115 – (702) 459-9546 – View Map
Choosing a insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When it comes to proper insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Las Vegas, insurance is required by state law in Nevada and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Ford Fiesta has a loan, almost all lenders will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America overpays as much as $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Auto insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Liability auto insurance
This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 15/30/10 which means a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, emergency aid and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Nevada requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield and hitting a deer. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This coverage covers damage to your Fiesta caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Fiesta to bring the cost down.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills like prosthetic devices, dental work, ambulance fees and funeral costs. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Ford Fiesta.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 15/30/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Quote often and quote early
When you buy Las Vegas auto insurance online, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Low-cost Ford Fiesta insurance in Las Vegas can be found from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Las Vegas auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not offer rate quotes online and these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service and even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies can be easier than you think.
Additional detailed information can be read in the articles below:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Las Vegas Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)