The best way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Las Vegas.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates like accidents, careless driving, and a lousy credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Volt insurance. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Once received, place the new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
One thing to remember is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and to quote with all possible companies. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s amazing but the vast majority of auto insurance customers in Nevada have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. American insurance shoppers could save roughly $860 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe the benefits if they switch to a new company.
Our objective in writing this article is to help you learn how to get online quotes and some tips to save money. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you should be able to cut your premiums using these techniques. Nevertheless, Nevada vehicle owners should learn how companies calculate their prices and apply this information to your search.
The method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Chevy Volt insurance in Las Vegas is to understand car insurance companies provide online access to compare their rates. All you need to do is give them rating details including how much school you completed, marital status, your general credit rating, and driver ages. That information is then submitted to multiple companies and you receive quotes almost instantly.
To get price quotes for your Chevy Volt now, click here then complete the form.
The providers in the list below offer comparison quotes in Nevada. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Las Vegas, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Volt in Las Vegas, paying for car insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards your Chevy Volt and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Nevada overpays as much as $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How Insurers Determine Chevy Volt Insurance Rates
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that help determine car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower rates.
The factors shown below are a few of the “ingredients” car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Insurance rates for married couples – Having a spouse helps lower the price when buying car insurance. It is viewed as being more financially stable and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Vocation reflects on rates – Jobs such as doctors, police officers, and dentists have higher rates than average because of stressful work requirements and long work days. Other jobs such as actors, athletes and retirees get better rates.
- Improve your credit rating and save – Having a good credit rating can be a huge factor in determining your rates. People with very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit history can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Volt by repairing your credit.
- Don’t abuse claims – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims don’t be surprised to see much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Nevada provide the lowest premiums to policyholders who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Limits of liability protection – Liability insurance kicks in in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Loss statistics for a Chevy Volt – Insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Models that historically have higher losses will have higher rates.
The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Chevy Volt vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Values below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater point to more losses or statistically larger losses.
Chevrolet Volt Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Volt Electric 89 83 81 71 73 90BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Will just any policy work for me?
Always remember that when buying the best auto insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Nevada minimum liability coverage?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Auto insurance companies ranked
Choosing a good quality insurance company is difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Las Vegas. The company rank data below may help you analyze which car insurance companies to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
More comparisons equals cheap rates
Budget-friendly car insurance in Las Vegas is available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agents.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions or even high prices. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
You just read some good ideas how you can find cheaper Chevy Volt insurance in Las Vegas. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Las Vegas auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding affordable Las Vegas auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest prices are with an unexpected company.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for 17 Year Olds in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)