Shockingly, almost 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never quoted insurance rates at all. Drivers in Nevada could cut their rates by almost 35% a year, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they just switched companies.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies in Las Vegas.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how insurance works and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like traffic citations and poor credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote and to quote with every company you can. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Las Vegas is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you already have coverage, you should be able to find better prices using the tips covered below. Although Nevada drivers must comprehend how the larger insurance companies set your policy premium and use it to your advantage.
The fastest way that we advise to compare car insurance company rates for Hyundai Equus insurance in Las Vegas is to know the trick almost all companies allow for online access to compare their rates. To get started, all you need to do is provide a little information such as an estimate of your credit level, which vehicles you own, deductibles desired, and distance driven. That rating information is instantly provided to multiple top-rated companies and they respond with quotes quickly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Hyundai Equus now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Las Vegas.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Nevada. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Las Vegas, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Equus, most lenders will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Hyundai at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Hyundai Equus. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $750 every year so you should quote rates at every renewal to save money.
Save money with discounts
Some companies don’t necessarily list every available discount very well, so we researched a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits that may apply to you. If you do not double check each discount available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like Allstate and GEICO will forgive one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy with one insurance company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Hyundai Equus insurance.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Las Vegas car insurance with a few insurance companies.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce your policy cost.
Auto insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in your state.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
A lot of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! A good thing about comparing car insurance online is that you can find cheaper prices but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Las Vegas who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good provider should depend on more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When researching a good insurance agency, there are two different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Las Vegas agents are considered either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Many people buy from exclusive agents mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Las Vegas that are able to give price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance: Kenny Redelsperger
4045 Spencer St #114 – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 735-0926 – View Map
- Tod Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
7450 W Cheyenne Ave #105 – Las Vegas, NV 89129 – (702) 367-4900 – View Map
- Juan Diaz – State Farm Insurance Agent
1718 S Eastern Ave – Las Vegas, NV 89104 – (702) 489-4242 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with mutual insurance companies which may have better rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Las Vegas willing to provide price quote information.
- Family Trust Insurance, LLC
6420 W Spring Mountain Rd #20 – Las Vegas, NV 89146 – (702) 212-3838 – View Map
- AMS Insurance
9960 W Cheyenne Ave #240 – Las Vegas, NV 89129 – (702) 965-3680 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Sage Insurance Services Inc Agency
1081 S Cimarron Rd, Ste B56 – Las Vegas, NV 89145 – (702) 613-0000 – View Map
Be persistent and save
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices or even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
When shopping online for insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Some insurance providers don’t offer online price quotes and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agencies. Cheap Hyundai Equus insurance in Las Vegas can be bought from both online companies and with local Las Vegas insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional insurance information can be read at the links below