The best way we recommend to find better pricing on Honda CR-Z insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers in Las Vegas. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding and a not-so-good credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new policy. When you receive it, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This ensures a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
A study showed that over 70% of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least four years, and almost half have never shopped around. Nevada drivers could cut their rates by $500 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
Locating the most affordable car insurance coverage in Las Vegas is not as time-consuming as you think. If you have a policy now or just want cheaper coverage, use these tips to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Drivers just have to use how to shop for car insurance from many different companies.
Car insurance providers offering competitive price quotes in Nevada
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in NV, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Las Vegas insurance discounts for a Honda CR-Z
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about before you will receive the discount. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but certain companies allow you one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a driver safety course can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount simply for signing on the web.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Save with a New Car – Putting coverage on a new CR-Z can cost up to 25% less since new vehicles are generally safer.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, and online signing.
- The Hartford offers discounts for defensive driver, driver training, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, air bag, and bundle.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-policy, type of vehicle, professional/association, annual mileage, good driver, and accident-free.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, driver training, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, and federal employee.
- AAA may have discounts that include good student, multi-car, anti-theft, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and education and occupation.
- State Farm discounts include defensive driving training, good student, driver’s education, anti-theft, multiple policy, and student away at school.
If you need lower rates, check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not apply in Las Vegas.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Many factors are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although others are less apparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
Listed below are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
Lower performance equals lower insurance costs – The type of vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Don’t abuse policy claims – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims don’t be surprised to see higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Nevada provide discounts to drivers who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Vehicle theft costs us all – Buying a car with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart thieves like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent vehicle theft.
Responsible drivers pay lower prices – Getting just one moving violation can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers with careless violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
Are you male or female? – Over time, data shows women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes get in accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
Liability safeguards assets – Liability coverage provides coverage in the event that a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Remove unneeded incidental coverages – Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Coverages for personal injury protection, towing, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
Insurance loss data for a Honda CR-Z – Car insurance companies use claims history when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that the data determines to have higher losses will have higher rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Honda CR-Z vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda CR-Z Hybrid||106||87||83||98|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may need advice from an insurance agency
Certain consumers just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local agencies is still important in Las Vegas.
By using this quick form, the quote information gets sent to insurance agents in Las Vegas who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
When looking for a good Las Vegas insurance agent, there are two different agency structures that you can select. Agents in Las Vegas can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to get several quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Las Vegas that may be able to give free price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Las Vegas that are able to give comparison quotes.
Picking an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- How many years have they been established?
- Where are claims handled?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
After you get answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, most likely you have located an insurance agency that can be relied on to provide insurance coverage. But remember, it’s your coverage and you can terminate coverage any time you want so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with any specific company for any length of time.
One last thing about your coverage
Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. Lower-priced Honda CR-Z insurance in Las Vegas is available online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can reduce Honda CR-Z insurance rates online in Las Vegas. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from an unexpected company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)