If you want to save the most money, the best way to find discount Ford Five Hundred insurance is to regularly compare prices from insurers in Las Vegas. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a poor credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover tips to help prevent high rates and find missing discounts.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Begin your rate comparison
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Unthinkable but true, a large majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Las Vegas consumers can cut their rates by as much as 35% a year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to go online and compare rates.
Smart Buyers Can Lower Insurance Rates
Lots of things are considered when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that go into determining car insurance rates. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that can earn you cheaper rates.
- Deter theft and save – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- File claims and pay more – Auto insurance companies in Nevada give lower rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Driver age impacts rates – Beginning drivers in Nevada are proven to be easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a teen driver to your policy can break the bank. Older drivers are more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Good drivers pay less – Attentive drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Even a single chargeable violation can boost insurance rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have gotten careless violations like reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
- Gender impacts prices – The statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. They both cause auto accidents in similar numbers, but males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Lots of car insurance companies provide a discount to customers that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, drivers will still want to compare Ford Five Hundred rates in Las Vegas to ensure the best deal.
- Higher premiums for car insurance policy lapses – Not maintaining insurance can get you a ticket and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in fines and jail time.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from different companies. The easiest way by far to compare Ford Five Hundred insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online.
Comparison shopping rate quotes online is easy and it replaces the need to drive to all the different insurance agencies. Buying insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you have a need for the professional advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. Drivers can get prices online but buy the policy through an agent.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing a wide range of rates gives you a better chance of getting the best price. Some regional insurers cannot provide price estimates online, so you need to compare rates from those companies as well.
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If you wish to find the best car insurance in NV, we suggest you compare several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Las Vegas, buying auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your car. Insurance will pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in Nevada is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance quotes and discounts
Buying insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about before you get the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing over the internet.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children living away from Las Vegas attending college and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Life Insurance – Larger insurance carriers have a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your insurance premiums.
Popular insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, and online signing.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, drive less, teen safe driver, multi-car, safe driver, and bundle discounts.
- American Family offers discounts including defensive driver, Steer into Savings, accident-free, good student, multi-vehicle, and bundled insurance.
- MetLife may offer discounts for defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and accident-free.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-policy, daytime running lights, good student, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, and membership and employees.
- The Hartford has savings for anti-theft, defensive driver, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Ford Five Hundred rate quotes, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Las Vegas. To see providers who offer cheap Ford Five Hundred insurance quotes in Las Vegas, follow this link.
Compare prices but work with a local Las Vegas insurance agent
Some people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheaper premium rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Las Vegas that can give you free Las Vegas auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. A good agent in Las Vegas will have answers to these questions.
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Las Vegas?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
Listed below are agents in Las Vegas that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Las Vegas.
Nationwide Insurance: Sage Insurance Services Inc Agency
1081 S Cimarron Rd, Ste B56 – Las Vegas, NV 89145 – (702) 613-0000 – View Map
How to find a good Las Vegas auto insurance company
Picking the best insurer can be rather challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Las Vegas. The ranking information displayed below can help you pick which companies to look at when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Cover all your bases
We covered a lot of ways to compare Ford Five Hundred insurance rates in Las Vegas. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting low cost Las Vegas auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company. They may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
A few companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents. Cheaper car insurance in Las Vegas is attainable both online and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
Much more information about car insurance in Nevada is located below:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Retired Military in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Las Vegas Car Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Las Vegas Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)