Do you want to learn how to find low-cost Ford F-350 insurance in Las Vegas? No sane person looks forward to paying premiums for auto insurance, especially knowing their premiums are through the roof.
Statistics show that the vast majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. U.S. insurance shoppers could save up to $859 a year, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rates online.
Companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive all promote huge savings with ad campaigns and it is difficult to separate fact from fiction and find the best price available.
You need to quote other rates as often as possible because rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the lowest premium rates on Ford F-350 insurance in Las Vegas six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. You’ll find a ton of advice on F-350 insurance on the internet, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some excellent ideas to find cheap auto insurance in Las Vegas.
Earn discounts on Las Vegas auto insurance
Some companies don’t list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Las Vegas auto insurance quote.
- E-sign Discounts – Many insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few auto insurance companies.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Ford may allow you to get discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Ford F-350 insurance premiums with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums assume a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- GEICO discounts include anti-theft, seat belt use, military active duty, driver training, air bags, emergency military deployment, and multi-vehicle.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for anti-theft, multiple vehicles, group or association, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, company car, and paperless.
- American Family may offer discounts for early bird, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, accident-free, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
- Esurance includes discounts for homeowner, Switch & Save, emergency road assistance, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and DriveSense.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, safe vehicle, good driver, multiple policy, and good student.
- AAA has discounts for pay-in-full, multi-car, good driver, multi-policy, and good student.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer multiple discounts in Nevada, click here to view.
How to find cheap Ford F-350 insurance in Las Vegas, Nevada
When looking for the cheapest Ford F-350 rate quotes, there are a couple ways to compare rate quotes from many available auto insurance companies in Nevada. The recommended way to compare rates consists of shopping online.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to go to and from local Las Vegas insurance agencies. Quoting Ford F-350 insurance online eliminates this option unless your situation requires the peace of mind only provided by licensed Las Vegas agents. If you prefer, some companies allow you to comparison shop your insurance online and have a local agent actually service the policy. Keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons will enable you to find the best rates.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Nevada. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Ford F-350 insurance statistics and information
The data table shown next highlights different policy rates for Ford F-350 models. Understanding how car insurance premiums are determined can be of help when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$300||$564||$462||$28||$138||$1,492||$124|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 4WD||$300||$564||$462||$28||$138||$1,492||$124|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 2WD||$334||$478||$308||$18||$92||$1,230||$103|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$334||$564||$462||$28||$138||$1,526||$127|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$334||$564||$308||$18||$92||$1,316||$110|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$334||$564||$308||$18||$92||$1,316||$110|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$334||$564||$462||$28||$138||$1,526||$127|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$334||$564||$462||$28||$138||$1,526||$127|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch 4WD||$334||$564||$462||$28||$138||$1,526||$127|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$334||$564||$462||$28||$138||$1,526||$127|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$334||$564||$462||$28||$138||$1,526||$127|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$334||$564||$462||$28||$138||$1,526||$127|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$334||$564||$308||$18||$92||$1,316||$110|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$334||$564||$308||$18||$92||$1,316||$110|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab King Ranch 2WD||$334||$564||$308||$18||$92||$1,316||$110|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4WD||$334||$650||$462||$28||$138||$1,612||$134|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 4WD||$334||$650||$462||$28||$138||$1,612||$134|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$334||$650||$462||$28||$138||$1,612||$134|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$334||$650||$462||$28||$138||$1,612||$134|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 4WD||$334||$650||$462||$28||$138||$1,612||$134|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$334||$650||$462||$28||$138||$1,612||$134|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$334||$650||$462||$28||$138||$1,612||$134|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 2WD||$368||$564||$308||$18||$92||$1,350||$113|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$368||$564||$308||$18||$92||$1,350||$113|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$368||$564||$308||$18||$92||$1,350||$113|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$368||$564||$308||$18||$92||$1,350||$113|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Lariat 2WD||$368||$564||$308||$18||$92||$1,350||$113|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$368||$564||$308||$18||$92||$1,350||$113|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$368||$564||$308||$18||$92||$1,350||$113|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$368||$650||$462||$28||$138||$1,646||$137|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$368||$650||$462||$28||$138||$1,646||$137|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$368||$650||$462||$28||$138||$1,646||$137|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$368||$650||$462||$28||$138||$1,646||$137|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$368||$650||$308||$18||$92||$1,436||$120|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 2WD||$368||$650||$308||$18||$92||$1,436||$120|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$368||$650||$308||$18||$92||$1,436||$120|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$368||$650||$308||$18||$92||$1,436||$120|
|F-350 Super Cab XLT Turbo Diesel 2WD||$368||$650||$308||$18||$92||$1,436||$120|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$368||$650||$462||$28||$138||$1,646||$137|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$368||$650||$462||$28||$138||$1,646||$137|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$368||$650||$308||$18||$92||$1,436||$120|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$368||$650||$308||$18||$92||$1,436||$120|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can change auto insurance rates substantially.
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can raise or lower Ford F-350 premium costs for each age group. The costs are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The example below shows the comparison of Ford F-350 annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no written rule to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Ford F-350 replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Smart Consumers Know How to Find Auto Insurance for Less
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you big savings.
- Annual miles is a factor – The higher the mileage driven every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that are left in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. An improperly rated F-350 may be costing you. Verify your vehicle rating states the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- How much liability protection do you need? – Liability coverage will afford coverage if you are responsible for an accident. It will provide legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
- Small coverages can add up – Policies have additional coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Coverages like rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. They may seem good initially, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Prevent auto insurance policy lapses – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse is a sure-fire way to pay more for auto insurance. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may then be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Nevada DMV.
Lower performance equals lower insurance rates – The type of car you need insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The cheapest insurance rates will generally be found on small economy passenger vehicles, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The following data assumes a single female driver age 30, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Ford F-350 insurance premiums compared to other makes and models that have different performances.
With age comes responsibility – More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit. Inexperience drivers tend to be inattentive behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher.
The following data assumes a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Insurance losses for a Ford F-350 – Insurance companies use statistical claims data to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Models that have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will be charged more to insure. The table below demonstrates the loss history for Ford F-350 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is equal to 100. Values under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Ford F-350 Models Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-350 4WD 78 54 Ford F-350 SuperCab 4WD 66 90 98 Ford F-350 SuperCrew 2WD 108 232 Ford F-350 SuperCrew 4WD 96 134 179 47 44 90BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don’t assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
When quoting and comparing proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions can help discover whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- What happens if I owe more than my Ford F-350 is worth?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Auto insurance quotes from local Las Vegas insurance agents
Many people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for small agencies is especially important in Las Vegas.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to you. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
When narrowing the list to find a local Las Vegas insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Las Vegas can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Las Vegas that can give you free price quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Las Vegas that can give you price quotes.
Juan Diaz – State Farm Insurance Agent
1718 S Eastern Ave – Las Vegas, NV 89104 – (702) 489-4242 – View Map
Picking an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Las Vegas should be forthright in answering these questions:
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford F-350 insurance, insurance is required by state law in Nevada and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lienholder, almost all lenders will require you to carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Ford gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver is wasting up to $820 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Which auto insurance company is best in Nevada?
Picking a highly-rated insurer is difficult considering how many companies there are in Nevada. The rank data displayed below could help you choose which auto insurers to look at shopping your coverage with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
When searching for cheaper Las Vegas auto insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
The cheapest Ford F-350 insurance in Las Vegas can be purchased on the web and also from your neighborhood Las Vegas agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies don’t offer rate quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers work with local independent agencies.
How to buy cheaper Ford F-350 insurance in Las Vegas
Really, the only way to find more affordable Ford F-350 insurance in Las Vegas is to start comparing prices regularly from providers who can sell car insurance in Nevada.
- First, try to comprehend individual coverages and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze all possible companies. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Auto Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)