Sad but true, most consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and almost half have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Nevada insurance shoppers could cut their rates by roughly $545 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand the rate savings if they bought a different policy.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to save on Ford Explorer insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from companies who sell auto insurance in Las Vegas. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, get a basic knowledge of coverages and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to keep prices down and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies. View companies
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One thing to point out is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
Buying affordable car insurance in Las Vegas is quite easy. If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to find better prices using these techniques. Nevertheless, Nevada consumers must learn the methods companies use to calculate their prices because rates fluctuate considerably.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that quoting more will enable you to find better pricing.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Nevada. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in Las Vegas, we recommend you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Facts and figures for Ford Explorer insurance
The price information shown next covers different coverage costs for Ford Explorer models. Being able to understand how rates are established is important for drivers to make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer XLT 2WD||$166||$260||$348||$20||$104||$898||$75|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 2WD||$166||$260||$348||$20||$104||$898||$75|
|Explorer XLT 4WD||$166||$260||$348||$20||$104||$898||$75|
|Explorer XLT AWD||$166||$260||$348||$20||$104||$898||$75|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD||$188||$318||$348||$20||$104||$978||$82|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$188||$318||$348||$20||$104||$978||$82|
|Explorer Limited 2WD||$188||$318||$348||$20||$104||$978||$82|
|Explorer Limited 4WD||$188||$318||$348||$20||$104||$978||$82|
|Explorer Limited AWD||$188||$318||$348||$20||$104||$978||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can alter rates greatly.
Car insurance premiums based on gender
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Ford Explorer auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Ford Explorer insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no definitive formula of when to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Ford Explorer replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing you more than $500 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Ford Explorer insurance in Las Vegas
Some companies don’t list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so the following list contains some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a safe driver class can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can help you save on auto insurance because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow driving data collection to look at driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home at college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- E-sign – Certain larger companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free auto insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The chart below shows the difference between Ford Explorer car insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The data is based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Nevada state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer these discounts possibly include:
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some credits may not apply in your area. If you would like to see a list of companies who offer free Ford Explorer insurance quotes in Las Vegas, click here.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Las Vegas, insurance is mandatory in Nevada but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Ford with a loan, most lenders will require you to have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your Ford. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $750 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Las Vegas car insurance companies ranked
Selecting the top car insurance provider is difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in Nevada. The ranking data listed below could help you pick which companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
What is the best insurance coverage?
When choosing coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions might point out if your situation may require specific advice.
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
When to get advice from an insurance agency
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to find an agent as quotes are delivered to you. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Picking a insurance company requires more thought than just the price. Any agent in Las Vegas should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
If you want to use a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they function. Agents in Las Vegas can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Las Vegas that are able to give price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rates, you need to include a few independent agents for the best price selection.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Las Vegas willing to provide rate quotes.