It’s amazing but the vast majority of car insurance customers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Nevada consumers could save roughly 35% a year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to do a rate comparison.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from companies in Las Vegas.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of how auto insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for ideas to help reduce prices and find hidden discounts.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Juke coverage is available. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of this process is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
The quickest way to get policy rate comparisons for Nissan Juke insurance in Las Vegas takes advantage of the fact most of the larger companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as if you went to college, if the vehicle is leased, the make and model of your vehicles, and how old drivers are. That information is submitted instantly to multiple companies and you should receive rate quotes instantly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Las Vegas.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Las Vegas, NV. To locate cheap car insurance in Las Vegas, NV, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Determine discounts to get cheap Las Vegas auto insurance rates
Some providers don’t always list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so the list below details both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as Progressive and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Student in College – Kids who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts in comparison with bad drivers.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Theft Deterrent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on Juke insurance in Las Vegas.
You can save money using discounts, but most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple autos, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, and anti-theft.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, and good student.
- Travelers has discounts for early quote, good student, payment discounts, hybrid/electric vehicle, and student away at school.
- American Family includes discounts for defensive driver, bundled insurance, air bags, good student, and mySafetyValet.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for multi-car, exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, newly married, and good student.
Check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some credits may not apply everywhere. To see a list of companies with discount rates in Nevada, click this link.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that aid in calculating your insurance rates. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower insurance prices. Many different elements are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent like where you live or your vehicle rating.
- Prices and your address – Residing in areas with lower population is a positive aspect when it comes to insurance. People who live in big cities have more auto accidents and longer commute times. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Lower prices with uninterrupted coverage – Driving any period of time without insurance is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage may result in a license revocation or jail time. You could then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Nevada motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Only buy coverage you need – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that can waste your money on your insurance policy. Add-on coverages like coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment initially, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- File insurance claims and pay more – Auto insurance companies in Nevada provide the best rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- A good credit history can save money – A driver’s credit score is a large factor in determining premium rates. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have bad credit. If your credit history can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Nissan Juke by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Insurance losses for a Nissan Juke – Insurance companies analyze historical claim data to help determine prices. Models that the statistics show to have increased losses will have a higher premium rate. The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Nissan Juke vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Nissan Juke Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Juke 2WD 101 104 77 111 134 113 Nissan Juke 4WD 107 112 75 120 115 105BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years