Really, the only way to get low-cost Dodge Ram 2500 insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies in Las Vegas. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Try to comprehend individual coverages and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Ram 2500 insurance in Las Vegas. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new coverage. As soon as you receive it, place the new proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
An essential thing to point out is that you use similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who get price quotes annually will probably switch to a new company because there is a good chance of finding a lower rate. A recent auto insurance study revealed that drivers who shopped around saved as much as $865 annually compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If saving the most money on auto insurance is the reason for your visit, then learning a little about the best way to quote and compare coverage rates can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Just remember that getting more free quotes helps locate more affordable insurance.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Las Vegas, NV. To buy the best car insurance in NV, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get discounts on Las Vegas auto insurance
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there may be some discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts will apply when you get a quote, but a few must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Las Vegas auto insurance quote.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new Ram 2500 can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers are able to get a small discount on rates.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with one company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Las Vegas can save a few bucks because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
The illustration below shows the difference between Dodge Ram 2500 auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. Data assumes a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Nevada state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- State Farm has discounts for anti-theft, good student, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and multiple policy.
- GEICO may have discounts that include seat belt use, multi-vehicle, air bags, military active duty, anti-theft, and daytime running lights.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, online signing, and homeowner.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for 55 and older, defensive driver, student driver, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, theft prevention, and early bird.
- American Family offers discounts for mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, good student, and good driver.
- The Hartford has savings for driver training, defensive driver, good student, bundle, anti-theft, and air bag.
- AAA offers premium reductions for pay-in-full, good student, multi-car, good driver, and AAA membership discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in your area.
Dodge Ram 2500 detailed coverage information
The coverage information displayed next covers detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Knowing how insurance rates are figured helps drivers make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$258||$582||$394||$24||$118||$1,376||$115|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$258||$670||$394||$24||$118||$1,464||$122|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$258||$670||$394||$24||$118||$1,464||$122|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$258||$670||$394||$24||$118||$1,464||$122|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$258||$670||$394||$24||$118||$1,464||$122|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$258||$670||$394||$24||$118||$1,464||$122|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$286||$582||$394||$24||$118||$1,404||$117|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$286||$670||$394||$24||$118||$1,492||$124|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$286||$670||$394||$24||$118||$1,492||$124|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$286||$582||$394||$24||$118||$1,404||$117|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$286||$582||$394||$24||$118||$1,404||$117|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$286||$758||$394||$24||$118||$1,580||$132|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$286||$758||$394||$24||$118||$1,580||$132|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$286||$582||$394||$24||$118||$1,404||$117|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$286||$582||$394||$24||$118||$1,404||$117|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$286||$582||$394||$24||$118||$1,404||$117|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$316||$670||$394||$24||$118||$1,522||$127|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$316||$670||$394||$24||$118||$1,522||$127|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$316||$670||$394||$24||$118||$1,522||$127|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$316||$670||$394||$24||$118||$1,522||$127|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in your specific Las Vegas location which can affect premiums considerably.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductible levels and can increase or decrease Dodge Ram 2500 yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. Data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
What is the best auto insurance company in Nevada?
Picking a highly-rated insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies there are in Nevada. The information below could help you analyze which companies you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Components of Your Dodge Ram 2500 Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, although others are less obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums. If the Dodge Ram 2500 scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- Rates and occupation – Occupations like judges, executives, and accountants have the highest average rates in part from intense work requirements and long work days. On the other hand, jobs such as scientists, students and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- Bump up deductibles to lower rates – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply are a broken side mirror, hitting a deer, and windstorm damage. The deductibles define how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Is auto insurance cheaper for women or men? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women have at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but men tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
The example below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 premium costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Lower performance equals lower insurance prices – The type of car or truck you are insuring makes a big difference in the rate you pay. The lowest base rates will generally be found on the lowest performance passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The following chart assumes a single male driver age 50, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Dodge Ram 2500 insurance premiums compared to other models of vehicles that have different performances.
- Prevent theft and lower premiums – Selecting a car model with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent car theft.
Teenagers vs. older drivers – Young drivers in Nevada have been known to get distracted easily when driving therefore insurance rates are much higher. If you’ve ever had to add a teen driver onto your insurance will cause a huge premium hike. More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
The chart below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.