Sick and tired of being strong-armed each month for auto insurance? You are in the same boat as the majority of other consumers in Nevada.
It’s shocking but the majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and nearly half have never compared auto insurance rates at all. American drivers could save themselves almost 46.5% a year, but most just don’t grasp the large savings they would see if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Having so many choices for buying affordable insurance for a Dodge Neon in Las Vegas, it can be hard to pick the lowest cost auto insurance provider.
Locating the best rates in Las Vegas can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to reduce the price you pay using the techniques presented in this article. But Nevada drivers must understand the way companies price insurance differently and use it to find better rates.
The most recommended method to get rate comparisons for Dodge Neon insurance in Las Vegas is to know almost all companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with free rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide a little information such as if you have an active license, how you use your vehicles, what your job is, and driver details. Your rating data is sent automatically to many highly-rated insurers and they return cost estimate instantly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Nevada. To find cheap auto insurance in Las Vegas, NV, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Earn discounts on Las Vegas insurance
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about before being credited.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current Neon insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a safe driver course could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Las Vegas auto insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for insurance.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow their insurance company to track when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
Larger insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for multi-car, business and professional, early shopping, good student, mature driver, pay in full, and switch companies.
- Esurance offers discounts for good driver, multi-policy, good student, Switch & Save, homeowner, and emergency road assistance.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, good student, safe vehicle, good driver, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, military active duty, multi-vehicle, good student, driver training, and anti-theft.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for new car, good payer, teenSMART discount, good student, economy car, eSmart discount, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not be available in your area. To view insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Las Vegas, follow this link.
How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the rating factors that are used to determine car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower premium levels.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors car insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Lower car insurance rates with uninterrupted coverage – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse can be a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- With age comes lower prices – Teen drivers in Nevada are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a beginning driver onto a policy can break the bank. Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- What type of vehicle do you drive? – The performance of the vehicle you own makes a big difference in determining your rates. The best insurance prices tend to be for economy passenger models, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Limits of liability protection – Liability insurance kicks in if a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. This coverage provides legal defense which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Accidents increase prices – Having a single chargeable violation could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Attentive drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. People who have multiple violations such as DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Fewer miles means better rates – Driving a lot of miles every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet states the proper vehicle usage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Neon may be costing you.
When should I talk to a local insurance agent?
A small number of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Las Vegas who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You never need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Las Vegas should be willing to answer these questions.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Is there a local claims center in Las Vegas?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Las Vegas
When researching a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents that you can select. Agents in Las Vegas are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Las Vegas that can give you price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you should always get insurance quotes from independent agents to maximize your price options.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Las Vegas willing to provide rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Sage Insurance Services Inc Agency
1081 S Cimarron Rd, Ste B56 – Las Vegas, NV 89145 – (702) 613-0000 – View Map
You can find cheap coverage
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Cheaper auto insurance in Las Vegas is attainable online as well as from independent agents in Las Vegas, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and many times these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agencies.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Dodge Neon insurance in Las Vegas
The recommended way to get the cheapest Dodge Neon insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers who sell auto insurance in Las Vegas. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn a little about how insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new company or agent. As soon as you receive it, put the new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on every price quote and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
To learn more, take a look at the articles below:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Las Vegas Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)