If you want to save money, the best way to find cheaper car insurance rates in Las Vegas is to do an annual price comparison from different companies who sell insurance in Nevada.
- Get an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and poor credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides tips to help keep prices low and get additional discounts.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies. View companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to compare every insurance company. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of insurance customers have been with the same company for at least four years, and almost half have never compared insurance rates at all. Nevada consumers could pocket almost 35% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to shop around.
If you are insured now, you will surely be able to reduce the price you pay using the tips covered below. Locating the best rates in Las Vegas seems hard but is not really that difficult. But Nevada vehicle owners must understand the methods companies use to sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
Cheap car insurance in Las Vegas, NV
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Nevada. In order to find the cheapest car insurance in Nevada, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are considered when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but others are less obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
Better rates with anti-theft devices – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are many extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your auto insurance policy. Add-on coverages like coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
Bump up comp and collision deductibles to lower rates – Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your Dodge. Examples of covered claims are a broken windshield, flood damage, or theft. Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The larger the amount you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Insure your auto and home with one company – The majority of auto insurance companies afford better rates to insureds that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to compare Dodge Durango rates in Las Vegas to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still save more without the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
Loss statistics for a Dodge Durango – Insurance companies analyze the history of losses when they file their rates in each state. Models that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates.
The data below shows the loss history for Dodge Durango vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Values that are below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Dodge Durango 4dr 2WD||88||110||91||104||90||100|
|Dodge Durango 4dr 4WD||90||115||97||92||93||102|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper Las Vegas auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there are discounts available that you may not know about. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some auto insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to your current Durango insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Dodge can qualify you for slightly better auto insurance rates than normal.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for multiple cars on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Multi-line Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get lower premium rates.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts will lower the cost of your policy.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- 21st Century has savings for driver training, good student, theft prevention, early bird, defensive driver, and homeowners.
- State Farm discounts include Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, anti-theft, safe vehicle, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple policy.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, anti-theft, multi-car, good driver, good student, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for multi-car, hybrid vehicle, safety features, newly married, good student, and newly retired.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
It’s a good idea to ask every company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in your state. To choose companies that offer multiple discounts in Nevada, click this link.
When should I get advice from an agent?
A lot of people just want to get advice from a local agent. A good thing about getting online price quotes is you may find cheap rate quotes and also buy local. And buying from local agencies is especially important in Las Vegas.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information is emailed to companies in Las Vegas who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to leave your house as quotes are delivered directly to you. It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you are searching for a local Las Vegas insurance agent, there are two different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance policy providers are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are Las Vegas independent insurance agencies that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following are Las Vegas exclusive agencies that can give you rate quotes.
Picking a car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Las Vegas?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
The best rates come from being thorough
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Some companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents. Cheaper auto insurance in Las Vegas is available online as well as from independent agents in Las Vegas, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection.
Additional information is located at these links:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- How Much are Las Vegas Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tundra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Las Vegas Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- How Much are Las Vegas Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)